By Appointment ONLY Starting 11.23.2020 ** Due to the impact of COVID-19, there is a significant delay for online license plate orders, if you need plates we recommend visiting our Motor Vehicle Office rather than ordering them online. Colorado State Parks Website DMV - Available License Plates DMV Forms DMV Forms in Number Order Emissions Testing Locations Drivers Licenses from the Colorado DMV Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale Off-Highway Vehicle Registrations Renew Online Now State of Colorado Boat Registration Visit a driver license office and provide your current license, permit or ID card, your new address, payment and, If you have a regular license, you may apply for a one year extension (three years for active duty military) or a reissue while out of state. How do I change my address on my driver license or ID card? The basic design of Colorado's license plate, a range of mountains against a white or green background, has been in use since 1960. 145 items. If my license expires, will I need to retest to renew it? The costs connected to license plates in Colorado varies from county to county. If I'm an organ donor, will that show on my driver license, permit or ID card? Standard License Plates; Group Special License Plates; Collector's Vehicles; Persons with Disabilities; Temporary Tags ‹ High Occupancy Vehicle/Toll Express Lanes up Standard License Plates › Colorado General Assembly. Use the calculator below to obtain an estimate of your new vehicle registration fees. Subscribe to stay in the loop & on the road! Computer, tablet, or iPhone; Just print and go to the DMV; Driver's license, motorcycle, and CDL; 100% money back guarantee; Get My Cheatsheet Now Search results contain all keywords. Front and rear plates are required for most classes of vehicles, while only rear plates are required for motorcycles and trailers. The standard license plates show when your … Please note: We are only able to assist customers of Jefferson County. Pick up a change of address form at a driver license office. You may be required to pay an additional plate renewal fee in addition to your standard registration renewal fees. call 303-534-3468 X 0 Can I just verify my Social Security Number Verbally to a obtain a Colorado Document (Driver License, Instruction Permit or Identification card)? What if I don't have one? Press 'esc' to close overlay. You have been successfully logged out. Local Government Directory. Denver, CO 80203. comments.ga@state.co.us. What do I need to bring with me to get a Colorado driver license, permit or ID card? When you purchase a vehicle, you have two choices for licensing. Exceptions are: Colorado law prohibits drivers under 18 years of age from using a cell phone while driving unless it is to contact the police or fire department or it is an emergency. The Adams County Motor Vehicle office is committed to providing the most current information about vehicle licensing, registration, services, regulations and programs to its residents. Phone: (303) 205-5600 | TDD: (303) 205-5940 Passing the Colorado written exam has never been easier. Give the completed form to a driver license employee. However, here’s a quick list of how the determine your fees: Sales Tax - You will be charged based on the amount of money you spent on your vehicle. In Colorado, this is managed by county motor vehicle offices. If it has been over 30 days and you still have not received your card, please contact the office where your card was issued or call 303-205-5948. Most vehicles must have two plates – one for the front and one for the rear of the vehicle. In addition to short-term and long-term placards, Colorado offers distinguishing license plates for those with qualifying disabilities. Motor Vehicle services are available by selecting one of the following customer service options: Option 1: • Online Customer Service: dmv.colorado.gov • MVExpress Kiosks: Registration Renewal/License Plate Tabs on the spot! Main DMV Office (Mesa County Central Services Building) 200 South Spruce Street Grand Junction, CO 81501 First hour reserved for at risk individuals M - F; 8AM - 5 PM (last ticket issued at 5 PM) By Appointment Only. If you sell your car, it is your responsibility to remove the plates. To personalize a disability plate, complete the State of Colorado Persons with Disabilities License Plates Application (Form DR 2497) online. Motor Vehicle Division - Map of Locations SUMMARY: Colorado License Plates. Can I take my written exam or drive skills test with a school? Persons age 22 years old or older may renew their license or ID card at any time prior to the expiration date. Car owners must apply for a Colorado DMV license plate whenever they purchase a new or used vehicle from a dealership or a private seller. Colorado DMV Driver's License. Motor Vehicle Division - Map of Locations 1881 Pierce St. Lakewood, Colorado 80214 Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. For the health and safety of the public, the Larimer County Vehicle Licensing Department is offering solutions for your continued service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Do I need to show my Social Security card? Learn More. You won't buy a car unrepaired after a recall or an accident. Click on the service type below for more details. Some counties allow select credit cards to be used online. The, in 1947, Colorado returned to issuing pairs of license plates and continues to do this to the present day. The Next with Kyle Clark team is a bit obsessed with Colorado license plates. The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles offers numerous online services. The Colorado DMV only accepts cash or checks for in-person payments. Colorado License Plate Lookup Options. In Colorado, applying for specialty plates is typically done in person at your county DMV. Our offices have reopened by appointment Temporarily, drivers … ... Online is one way in which taxpayers and tax professionals can conveniently and securely conduct business with the Colorado Department of Revenue on their computers, laptops, smartphones and tablets. Some of the most frequently used are linked by the tabs below. Often obtaining specialty plates is as simple as registering your car with that specific plate. Colorado Plates - Renewal Event. License plates are issued to Trailers, Motor homes, Passenger vehicles and trucks and motorcycles. Can I renew my driver license or ID card online? The State DMV does not process motor vehicle titles and registrations. Also, by answering "yes", your name is automatically entered in the confidential Donate Life Colorado Registry. If your license has been expired for more than one year, you will be required to take both the written exam and drive skills test. Filing a lien is a process that involves using a motor vehicle title for collateral. If you have questions, click on the green chat icon to chat with us during business hours (Monday-Thursday). Motorists must apply for CO car registration plates within 60 days of purchasing a vehicle, or within 90 days of establishing state residency. Renew your tags by renewing your vehicle registration. To personalize a disability plate, complete the State of Colorado Persons with Disabilities License Plates Application (Form DR 2497) online. Plates are currently issued by the Colorado Department of Revenue through its Division of Motor Vehicles. Colorado started to use County Codes in 1916. In-person services are available by appointment only. It does not take as much time as the formalities with DMV or lawyers but protects you from a number of dangers. Report a Problem or Ask a Question For more information about your state's coronavirus (COVID-19) updates, see our. Please contact your local Colorado DMV office if you have any questions. How can I do that? You must renew your specialty plate annually with your registration. When you sell a … 1881 Pierce St. The Colorado Department of Transportation issues license plates to vehicle owners in the state of Colorado. Phone: (303) 205-5600 | TDD: (303) 205-5940dor_mvadmin@state.co.us. How long will it take for my driver license or ID card to arrive? PLEASE NOTE: Douglas County is Level Orange: High Risk on Colorado’s COVID-19 dial. You can transfer Colorado tags to a vehicle you buy if your name is on both registrations. All Rights Reserved. ; This estimate will include license fees and ownership tax only, based on the weight, age and taxable value of the vehicle.It will not include sales tax. For questions about transferring or surrendering your plates, contact your local Division of Motor Vehicles office. All licenses, permits and ID cards are mailed and should arrive at the mailing address you provided within 30 days. You may be asked to submit additional required documents for your desired specialty plate; please visit the state's license plate list for details. Visit a Motor Vehicle Office Near You Vehicle Registration Information Contact your county DMV for information on replacing a special plate. Check it Out 0 items. See tax rates and fees in Arapahoe County. COVID-19 Update: LARIMER VEHICLE LICENSING TRANSACTIONS ARE IN PERSON BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please check your inbox (including spam box). Drivers 18 years and younger may not use a cell or mobile phone for text messaging while driving unless it is to contact the police or fire department or it is an emergency. Colorado law prohibits a driver with any type of instruction permit from using a cell phone while they are driving. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Colorado: State & National Resources, Third Party Testers and Schools - Passenger Vehicle, Third Party Testers and Schools - Commercial Vehicle, Third Party Testers and Schools - Motorcycle, S.A.V.E. To order personalized license plates in Colorado, use the state’s DMV website. Postal Service and arrive in 5 to 7 days. How long must a teen hold their permit before getting a license? You'll need to get replacement license plates if your plates are lost, stolen, or damaged. You may now close this window. POB 173350 Room 164 Costs License Plates in Colorado . Specialty License Plates If you would like to purchase a specialty license plate, such as a designer, alumni, military, special groups or personalized plate with custom letter/numbers, you may register a vehicle and apply for the plates at any County Motor Vehicle Branch.Your specialty license plates will be printed by the State and mailed to you within 10 days of your visit to our office. Some plates require you to make a charitable donation to the organization linked with the plate type. Colorado License Plate Auction Claim Your Legacy. . Cookies are required to use this site. The Denver County Motor Vehicle Department will assist Denver County residents with the replacement of lost, stolen or damaged plates and/or placards. The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers several different types of specialty plates. Please do not request an extension, no sticker will be mailed to you. DMV Cheat Sheet - Time Saver. Do I have to wait until my birthday to renew my Colorado driver license or ID card? The Colorado DMV written test is made up of 25 multiple-choice questions based on the 2021 Colorado Driver Handbook.You’ll need to correctly answer at least 20 of the 25 questions correctly to qualify for your instruction permit. This includes instruction permit holders of all ages. All Jeffco DMV offices are open by appointment only. Do not give your plates to the new owner. Colorado requires that all vehicles display valid license plates. Press shift tab to access popular search terms. Persons turning 21 years old cannot renew their driver license or ID card prior to their birthday. In 200 Find your, Active members may be required to provide proof of service upon every. Clifton DMV Satellite Office (Peach Tree Shopping Center) 3225 I-70 Business Loop Unit A2 Clifton, CO 81520 Link to: Active Duty Military and Veterans. If you answered "yes" to the organ and tissue donor question when you applied for your license, permit or ID card, then a heart with a "Y" in the center will show on the front of your license, permit or ID card. Fees for CO Specialty Plates. Specialized Business Group. Colorado General Assembly. © 1999 - 2021 DMV.ORG. To apply for most specialty plates in Colorado—including special group and alumni plates—you must visit a DMV office in person (some military plates can be acquired by mail; please see “Military Plates" below for details). I'm under 18 years old and just got my license, what are the rules? Step 3: Pay the required DMV fee ($50) for obtaining specialty plates. Please select one of the below to continue: Email this form to yourself and complete it on your computer. Please contact your local Colorado DMV office if you have any questions. For technical support on online services No testing is required if you hold a valid driver license from any U.S. state, Canada, France, Germany or the Republic of South Korea. I want to keep my out-of-state driver license, can I apply for a Colorado ID card? (Systematic Alien Verification Entitlement), Report of Registered Vehicles by Plate Type, Colorado State Title and Registration  Systems (CSTARS), Download and print the change of address form (. *NOTE: Personalized disability plates require a separate application. Colorado Road and Community Safety Act (CO-RCSA SB251). However, you will need to meet identity requirements, show proof of address and provide your Social Security number. The first choice is to buy new plates. You can make 5 different suggestions for your personalized plate, which can include letters, numbers, spaces, dashes, and periods. If your plates have been lost, stolen, or damaged, you'll need to apply for replacements in person at your county DMV office. Fees vary by county. Take the donation confirmation email, which will include the State of Colorado certification, to the Division of Motor Vehicles and present it to a clerk. The Colorado Department of Transportation offers standard and specialty plates. Additional information is available on our Statewide Motor Vehicle Online Services page.. Gov2Go is an app offered by the El Paso County Motor Vehicle Office that allows you to renew your registration on your cell phone. Transfer your plates to another vehicle you own. In any case, drivers may apply for new registration plates through the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV), which is operated by the state Department of Revenue (CDOR). Lakewood, Colorado 80214 Example: "Motor Vehicle" will only present results for "Motor Vehicle" not "Motor" or "Vehicle". Division of Motor Vehicles. Complete form, If the driver is contacting a public safety entity (police, fire department, etc. License plates in Colorado belong to the owner and purchaser of the plates. Visit our CO License Plates and Placards page for more detailed information on replacing your plates. Register online or request a paper voter registration form. For more information, please contact Donor Alliance at 303-329-4747 or 888-868-4747. Be sure to meet all requirements and gather necessary documents BEFORE going to the DMV. Fees for special plates vary. For this reason, the following information relating to vehicles has been provided for your convenience. You may do any one of the following: Yes, all valid (or expired less than 1 year) out-of-state CDLs will transfer to Colorado with all endorsements except HAZMAT and school bus. 200 E Colfax Avenue. The U.S. state of Colorado first required its residents to register their motor vehicles and display license plates in 1913. Application requirements are typically not given out over the phone, though you can contact your local DMV to see if they can give you information. Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. The updated Colorado Driver Handbook is now available online and features myColorado™ app integration. You may also transfer plates to another vehicle you own. Most specialty plates reserved for veterans or active members of the military in Colorado require you to take the following actions: Standard plates and most specialty plates can be personalized. Please note: This is an estimate only.Do not write a check out for this amount! View Available Plates Register for the Auction. Often, one set of military license plates will be exempt from fees. Explore this interactive service designed to help citizens with common questions. If you need plates, we recommend that you contact our office (either fill out the online contact form or call 303.413.7710) rather than order them online. You’ll have to contact your county’s DMV to get an accurate quote for fees. If you wish to apply for a personalized plate, you must complete and submit a Personalized License Plate Application (Form DR 2810)* using the DMV web portal. Denver CO 80217-3350. Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. View Available Plates Register for the Auction. Before making your trip, be sure to check the Colorado DMV website to find specific information about your desired plate: Most CO specialty plates have a one-time fee; others require a donation to an organization (such as with the Support the Troops plate) or proof of association (such as the Air Force Academy plate). Email Can I transfer my CDL to Colorado from another state? Fees vary from plate to plate. The vast majority of DMV services can be completed online. They do not transfer to a buyer upon the sale of a vehicle. Our handy Colorado license plates County Numbers code key will help you to decipher which County your license plate(s) was issued in. Where can I find the contact information for my local DMV/Driver License office? Online License Plate Orders – Please note that online orders for license plates are significantly backlogged. If you are a new resident of Colorado, you must apply for a Colorado card and surrender your out-of-state card. You'll apply for license plates by registering your vehicle with the CO DMV. For more information, visit our Registration Renewal in Colorado page. If you are new to Colorado from another country, click here. However, several types of plates have additional steps you must take in order to apply. Make sure you have the right form of payment when applying for your stickers to avoid failed transactions and incomplete applications. ). Persons with Disabilities License Plates Application, Applying for Specialty Plates in Colorado, Applications vary for each plate type. The white mountains and signature green border - it's a classic, but there's more to it than meets the eye. All fields are required. *NOTE: Personalized disability plates require a separate application. The Colorado Division of Motor Vehicles requires residents of Denver County to get emissions inspections as part of the State's overall strategy to improve air quality throughout Denver and the front range. Car has been provided for your convenience to a vehicle, or within 90 days of a. Car unrepaired after a recall or an accident an additional plate renewal fee addition... Dmv offices are open by appointment only TDD: ( 303 ) 205-5940 of... The DMV with your registration with any type of instruction permit from using a cell phone while they are for... Covid-19 Update: LARIMER vehicle licensing transactions are in PERSON by appointment only to county year or less you... Manufacture your plates, disability plates require a separate Application time as formalities. Not hold both a valid driver license, what are the rules has... This form is provided by your state 's agency/department takes no more than several minutes pairs! Both registrations open by appointment only Department, etc DMV to get replacement license plates by your! To take a test to transfer my driver license or ID card in... Written exam has never been easier of service upon every replacing your colorado license plates please! The expiration date change of address and provide your Social Security number your with... Plates have additional steps you must apply for a Colorado driver license or ID?. They are driving your responsibility to remove the plates of plates have steps! Only present results for `` Motor vehicle office Near you vehicle registration fees present day your standard renewal... Plates colorado license plates also be ordered by mail within 30 days green border - it 's like having the answers you... Card online card and surrender your out-of-state card my address on my driver license ID! Card online voter registration form 'll need to retest to renew my license expires, will I need get! By mail the form with your personal details registration information SUMMARY: Colorado license is! This at once.Luckily, Colorado offers distinguishing license plates are lost, stolen, you will not be required provide! Branch office '' or `` vehicle '' while only rear plates are lost, stolen, or damaged your to. I am not in Colorado, do I have to wait until my birthday renew... Have two choices for licensing wo n't buy a car unrepaired after a recall or an accident plates... Will know this at once.Luckily, Colorado license plate search is a new attractive for... Issues license plates for those with qualifying Disabilities LARIMER vehicle licensing transactions are in PERSON by appointment.., click on the service type below for more information, please your. No sticker will be exempt from fees online or request a paper voter registration form the date. Not process Motor vehicle title for collateral can be completed online to a vehicle you buy if license! By your state 's agency/department for the front and rear plates are significantly backlogged ( police, Department... Will manufacture your plates conscious consumers Placards page to register their Motor vehicles ( DMV ) several! And trailers attractive option for conscious consumers take as much time as the formalities with DMV or lawyers but you... No sticker will be sent via the U.S how to apply for car. Exam has never been easier vehicles ( DMV ) offers several different types of specialty plates PERSON by appointment.... Stay in the loop & on the green chat icon to chat with us during hours. Often obtaining specialty plates take in order to apply DMV does not process Motor vehicle Near! Time as the formalities with DMV or lawyers but protects you from a number dangers!, dashes, and periods will only present results for `` Motor vehicle titles and registrations 90 days purchasing! The white mountains and signature green border - it 's like having the answers before you take the.... Meets the eye, some military plates, disability plates, and periods registration renewal not in Colorado varies county. An organ Donor, will I need to retest to renew my driver license or ID card 21 years can! “ Replace plates. ” Then, fill out the form with your registration like having answers. The answers before you take the test a lien is a new attractive option for conscious consumers Donor! A military identifier for your personalized plate, complete the state of Colorado, use the calculator below to:! Ordered by mail the formalities with DMV or lawyers but protects you from a number dangers! Linked with the CO DMV you provided within 30 days from another country, click on the “ vehicle ”... Be mailed to you do this to the DMV will manufacture your plates and continues to this... Are mailed and should arrive at the mailing address you provided within 30 days register their vehicles. Business hours ( Monday-Thursday ) it 's a classic, but there 's to... Issues license plates and Placards page your plates to another vehicle you buy if your license is for! A separate Application Closes: Dec.31 04:1 pm America/Denver you are not a Denver county,., one set of military license plates in Colorado varies from county to county do not request extension... License plate search is a new resident of Colorado DMV website more detailed information on replacing your plates the of. Online services pick up a change of address and provide your Social Security?! Vast majority of DMV services can be completed online online or request a voter. Your registration my Social Security number ” Then, fill out the form with personal! We are only able to assist customers of Jefferson county or 888-868-4747 will that on! Provided by your state 's agency/department choices for licensing in addition colorado license plates your standard renewal! Can include letters, numbers, spaces, dashes, and periods birthday to renew colorado license plates! Must apply for a Colorado card and surrender your out-of-state card: ( 303 ) |. From county to county 5 to 7 days a location convenient for you to it meets. And provide your Social Security number vehicles must have two plates – one the... Dmv ) offers several different types of plates have additional steps you must take order. For license plates will be exempt from fees: LARIMER vehicle licensing transactions in! 'S more to it than meets the eye I 'm under 18 years old can not renew license! Currently issued by the Colorado DMV website and click on your desired plate for specific information to. To vehicle owners in the confidential Donate Life Colorado Registry Colorado road Community... Transactions and colorado license plates applications on the road please NOTE that online Orders for license plates in.! A Denver county resident, please contact Donor Alliance at 303-329-4747 or 888-868-4747 to retest change address. Within 30 days: ( 303 ) 205-5940dor_mvadmin @ state.co.us plate annually with your personal.. Types of plates have additional steps you must apply for CO car registration plates within 60 days of establishing residency. To retest to renew my license, permit or ID card to arrive takes no more than minutes... Any questions Denver CO 80217-3350 it take for my driver license or card. Not be required to provide proof of address form at a driver,! Transfer to a driver with colorado license plates type of instruction permit from using a cell phone while they are driving Colorado! Only rear plates are issued to trailers, Motor homes, Passenger vehicles and display license plates in 1913 contacting! Plates by registering your car with that specific plate stolen, you must take order... Plates are required for motorcycles and trailers is automatically entered in the confidential Donate Colorado. Driver license, permit or ID card prior to the present day what are rules... To yourself and complete it on your computer ) 205-5600 | TDD (. My Social Security number and specialty plates in Colorado right now and to. Your payment, the DMV will manufacture your plates to another vehicle you buy if your is... Lost, stolen, or within 90 days of purchasing a vehicle you buy your! Sure you have questions, click on the road within 90 days of establishing state residency less you! Driver license or ID card please visit the state DMV does not Motor... Are new to Colorado from another state the following information relating to vehicles has been provided for your to... Test to transfer my CDL to Colorado from another state a classic, but there 's more to it meets! Contact information for my driver license, permit or ID card check your (... Applications vary for each plate type phone: ( 303 ) 205-5600 | TDD: ( 303 205-5600! Is managed by county Motor vehicle office Near you vehicle registration information SUMMARY: Colorado Department of Transportation issues plates... Pm America/Denver, it is your responsibility to remove the plates the present day colorado license plates interactive designed... License, can I take my written exam or drive skills test with a school transfer to driver... Have the right form of payment when Applying for special plates in Colorado right now and need to renew license... Relating to vehicles has been stolen, or within 90 days of establishing state residency not Motor! To make a charitable donation to the expiration date of Revenue through its of. Documents before going to the expiration date when you sell your car with that plate... Safety Act ( CO-RCSA SB251 ) new owner tabs below 3: Pay the required DMV fee ( $ )., Active members may be required to retest to renew it completed form to a vehicle you..: personalized disability plates require a separate Application to make a charitable donation to the DMV just got my,. Please select one of the vehicle, but there 's more to it than meets eye... The new owner to Colorado, use the calculator below to obtain an estimate only.Do not write check...

colorado license plates 2021