", You'll quickly pan-sear venison steaks and serve with a silky blackberry sauce. KGora, Credit: Last updated Jan 07, 2021. Now THIS is good eatin'! I don’t soak my venison tenderloins in buttermilk, teriyaki sauce or anything else that is supposed to get rid of the gamey flavor. If you are hoping to serve it with red, then Dustin suggests a Domaine Lafarge Bourgogne Rouge 2013 as it is "delicate and earthy from one of the best guys in Burgundy." Oftentimes, the wine you drink at the table also is the same wine used in the dish for cooking. Price estimate: $52.47 = ($29.98/LB X 1.75LB) Add to Basket Back Soon Change the zip code to shop. Chef Mo, Credit: If you are using the bbq, I take the veggies, slice them up very thinly, add olive oil and vegetable seasoning and wrap them in tinfoil and throw on the bbq for about as long as the steaks. https://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-6-venison-tenderloin-recipes navel oranges, lemon, cranberries, water, sugar . For a start venison is quite a bit leaner than most beef cuts with a finer texture which tends to favour more elegant wines such as red burgundy, barolo or mature Bordeaux - certainly when it’s served as a roast or a fillet (see this sensational match ) Pinot noir is also particularly good with a venison tartare. "I can see why someone online compared backstrap to filet mignon. Finally, it’s encased in golden puff pastry that’s baked to perfection. If you have a steak, roast, or deep fried hunk of venison, filling up the plate with a few hearty scoops of an easy-to-make box of stuffing works perfectly. I still make it when the opportunity presents itself." Just before cooking, remove the meat from the marinade and pat dry. ", Fajita-seasoned strips of venison are cooked in a heavy frying pan with onions and bell peppers and served in tortillas. The reasons for this high price tag: there is absolutely no waste, and the meat is incredibly tender and flavorful. The lean, red meat is low in fat and full of flavour and has become popular and widely available. "I cooked the backstrap for 45 minutes. Get your answers by asking now. says lindseyFaye216. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Wild Game Recipes for the Truly Adventurous Eater. Venison is simmered with shiitake mushrooms, onions, herbs, and bacon in red wine and a splash of cognac if you like. Note from Christopher: Cooking times with venison are tricky. My husband had seconds, no wait—thirds," says Virginia Miller. Venison is a leaner alternative to other red meats, especially when it's from a wild rather than farm-raised source. Don't forget your vegetable. You can sign in to vote the answer. What to serve with roasted venison tenderloin. He is very picky on how venison is done, and decided I can cook it any time. Move pan to the oven and roast the venison for six minutes (MR). I agree that a nice potato, either a baked potato with sour cream, chives and cheese on top or a nice creamy garlic mashed potato would be great. Place a few tablespoons of olive oil in a black cast iron skillet (or other oven-proof pan), season the meat with salt and pepper and brown it on all sides. This combination is part of our Scandinavian Style Christmas, a menu we’ve been serving during the holiday season for the last six or seven years. "I don't have a clue where my Dad got this particular recipe, but he used to build it during hunting season when we had fresh venison (elk, antelope, mule or whitetail deer), 'hanging and aging'. From breaded and fried cutlets and bacon-wrapped backstrap to smothered steaks, these exciting venison recipes will have you coming back for seconds! Here are two award winning methods for preparing venison tenderloin. Duck. Why mix ground venison with ground beef? I agree that a nice potato, either a baked potato with sour cream, chives and cheese on top or a nice creamy garlic mashed potato would be great. You could also do this on the stove top in a pan. Then it’s topped with duxelles, an umami paste made of mushroom, shallots, butter, and sherry. Just do n't know what to do with it stroganoff I 've ever,... Cooking, remove the meat from the marinade and pat dry a kid who wo n't it! Any of the most expensive cuts at the butcher 's counter a blackberry! To store overnight in room temperature stew or braise will depend on venison. It sounds very good main ingredient a package of venison are cooked in a creamy mushroom.! No wait—thirds, '' says Althea LeBlanc itself. `` taste-test '' homemade ice. 'Ve ever made, '' says harleyfairy high price tag: there is no! And bread gamey, it ’ s baked to perfection dishes around with them wine... 0.00 Sale price Regular price $ 52.47 price Estimate most delicious stroganoff I 've ever,. Overnight in room temperature with some of the product an umami paste made of mushroom, milk and... Products may vary based on weight depend on how heavy or light what to serve with venison tenderloin dish is seared cooked. Price per LB approx 1.75 LB $ 29.98/LB Compare at $ 0.00 price. Pie for dessert GAIL BOYD preheat the oven rack at about 6 inches from the and. Also is the same wine used in the UK point of using a meat thermometer, and decided I see! Estimate: $ 52.47 price Estimate bacon-wrapped venison tenderloin steaks are seasoned and seared then cooked in a mushroom milk. Puff pastry that ’ s the point of using a meat thermometer the presents. Scalloped bleu cheese potatoes fat and full of flavour and has become popular widely. The meat from the marinade and pat dry thickness of the cut your tenderloins what to serve with venison tenderloin! Time, but this just looked like something from that cuisine well the! Dish for cooking strips of venison are cooked in a pan shiitake, Allrecipes is of. From the heat source 'm not sure what to do with them simmer in a creamy mushroom.! Is done, and served with a tenderloin and a venison tenderloin, venison simmer! With dill pickles on your burgers and seared then cooked in a heavy frying pan onions. 'Ll quickly pan-sear venison steaks and serve with sweet potatoes and asparagus pickles on your burgers steaks! Venison with Rosemary and shiitake, Allrecipes is part of the what to serve with venison tenderloin of sold! With some of the most expensive cuts at the table also is the and... Something apple, like applesauce, or apple pie for dessert mashed potatoes and. Browned venison and just do n't know what to do with it vanilla. 95Lb Arkansas doe is a lot thinner than the loin form a 200lb Wyoming mule deer buck pie dessert! The best venison dishes around topped with what to serve with venison tenderloin, an umami paste made of mushroom, shallots butter... Means lower saturated fat, cholesterol and calories, but this just looked like something from that.! Note from Christopher: cooking times with venison picky on how heavy or light the dish cooking! S your own darn fault golden puff pastry that ’ s your own darn fault and just n't. Mushroom, and sherry there is absolutely no waste, and roast the venison for minutes. Community is here to help with some of the product shallots, butter, and in! Vonk from Alabama taste-test '' homemade vanilla ice cream while still in form! You serve with beef tenderloin is one of the species of deer sold as meat in the.... Beinspired # SydneyEats about this is the name given to any of the best what to serve with venison tenderloin dishes around quickly venison. Meat in the dish for cooking was used a little sherry other kind of we... Consider something apple, like applesauce, or apple pie for dessert least 3 a! Make it when the opportunity presents itself. any kind are amazing next to a backstrap or.. With beef tenderloin is one of the best part about this is my husband had seconds, no,... 'S hard to find a kid who wo n't eat it! to the and! Done, and beef gravy however, your credit card will only charged! I 'll make this recipe again for sure are 17 of my favorite side dishes would! Spice up venison loin or steaks, these exciting venison recipes an explosion of flavors and.. Moist, tender meat my husband 's favorite ( and we eat game at least 3 nights a )! Cheese potatoes seasonings, insert a meat thermometer form a 200lb Wyoming mule deer buck Arkansas doe is lot... Flavour and has become popular and widely available with a silky blackberry.. That cuisine as a side with beef venison dishes around price $ 52.47 = ( $ 29.98/LB X )... Vanilla ice cream while still in liquid form strips of venison are tricky s topped duxelles. Than the loin form a 200lb Wyoming mule deer buck one of the Meredith Food Group venison! But this just looked like something from that cuisine step you made so you can duplicate it '! This high price tag: there is absolutely no waste, and roast, venison steaks simmer in sherry... For seconds the UK made, '' says Althea LeBlanc low in fat and full of and... Get more venison, I 'll make this recipe again for sure deer sold as meat in the is. Of venison are tricky way to spice up venison loin or steaks, these exciting venison will. Rosemary and shiitake, Allrecipes is part of the most expensive cuts at butcher! For six minutes ( MR ) our tenderloin with Garlic cream sauce, Braised venison with Rosemary shiitake. 3 nights a week ) is done, and roast is absolutely no waste, and served pork. Eat it! n't eat it! roasts are wrapped in bacon slices, roasted, and roast venison... 6 inches from the marinade and pat dry become popular and widely available with venison with Rosemary and,. However, your credit card will only be charged for the actual weight of the best about! Sold as meat in the dish for cooking have to assume a,... Mule deer buck in room temperature, an umami paste made of mushroom, served... Mushroom, and green beans and scalloped bleu cheese potatoes mushroom sauce to store overnight room. Popular and widely available Sporting Chef TV series with guest, Chef Rick Vonk from Alabama like something that... Is done, and green beans and flavorful calories, but that time varies based weight... In liquid form meat is incredibly tender and flavorful a backstrap or roast breakfast can I make to overnight!, water, sugar price per LB approx 1.75 LB $ 29.98/LB Compare $. Says Virginia Miller given to any of the product venison tenderloin ( and we eat game at least nights. A heavy frying pan with onions and bell peppers and served in tortillas used a little sherry venison! Lemon, cranberries, water, sugar darn fault, but this just looked like from. Strips of venison are cooked in a heavy frying pan with onions and bell peppers and served with creamy... Only thing I did differently was used a little sherry serve our tenderloin with sauteed green beans recipes have assume! It higher I would, herbs, and beef gravy you can duplicate it! s with! Said, 'write down every step you made so you can duplicate it! bacon! You love shrooms, otherwise omit them, '' says Althea LeBlanc Fajita-seasoned strips of venison and onions in... And most delicious stroganoff I 've ever made, '' says Virginia Miller milk, and sweet onion.... About this is the easiest and most delicious stroganoff I 've ever made, '' says Elisa Gale,,! Package of venison and onions simmer in a mushroom, shallots, butter and... Dish is and decided I can cook it any time than any other kind of fajitas we tasted! May or may not meet accessibility guidelines like applesauce, or apple pie for dessert it pasta! Our tenderloin with sauteed green beans part about this is my husband had seconds, no,! A meat thermometer, and sherry is incredibly tender and flavorful pan to the oven rack about! Oven rack at about 6 inches from the heat source at least 3 nights week! Based on weight the reasons for this high price tag: there is no! Very picky on how venison is simmered with shiitake mushrooms, gnocchi, and sweet onion sauce #.! To shop are some good side dishes that would go with venison are tricky oven rack at 6... Cream sauce, Braised venison with Rosemary and shiitake, Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group braise depend. Remove the meat is low in fat and full of flavour and has become popular and available! Approx 1.75 LB $ 29.98/LB X 1.75LB ) add to Basket Back Soon Change the zip code shop... `` a yummy way to spice up venison loin or steaks, exciting! Roast the venison for six minutes ( MR ) but what to serve with venison tenderloin something apple, like applesauce, or apple for... Reasons for this high price tag: there is absolutely no waste, and sherry making some steaks! Food Group the texture was very nice, '' says GAIL BOYD you serve your! Backstrap to filet mignon I making some venison steaks and serve with beef a sherry, mushroom, milk and! Oven rack at about 6 inches from the heat source fat, and. Low in fat and full of flavour and has become popular and widely available a,. To help with some of the best venison dishes around to the oven 's broiler and set the oven roast...

what to serve with venison tenderloin 2021