If it’s one layer then yes! Thank you. Hi, I'm Sarah! The cake is delicious, but the instructions aren’t right! I used 1 cup of sugar instead of 1 1/2 c as I’m a bit worried that it will be too sweet and turned out just right!!!. Hi Shiran. Thanks for the recipe. I don’t seem to find all purpose flour in our shops. 40 mins. This cake tastes as good as the juice you use so it oranges are out of season feel free to use store-bought orange juice then try to get some with a little pulp for optimal flavour. I have made this twice, both times using half batch to do only one loaf. Thanks for the fabulous recipe! Fresh oranges are not in season where I live, can I make this with packaged orange juice instead? Pumpkin Bread: I’ve given this one the one-bowl treatment, and it works beautifully. it’s really good! best texture, let the cake rest for a day at room temperature before eating. Thanks Shiran! Please thank your mom and thank you for sharing this trusted family recipe. How to make the perfect orange cake! ), my readers (extra duh! When the cake is ready i make an orange juice syrup and drizzle it allover the cake for a soft and moist cake. 200 grams castor sugar. He loved it! Hi if I want to do orange glaze on it can I do it? Since this orange juice cake is full of moisture it can easily stick to the pan. This recipe is awesome. I made the cake yesterday and everyone loved it . Love this recipe! About 50-55 grams for each egg would work well (without the shell). My daughter enjoyed taking part in baking it as my being my co-chef. Welcome to Flour & Spice, the foodie world of a Pakistani origin Canadian mama of two whose busy life and love for food means practicality reigns supreme! Skip. Before I knew it, 2/3 of one cake was GONE! 97 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating. I have a hack to make it super easy for me, i blend 3 oranges, alongside their zest with very little store bought orange juice to make a chunky puree. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Love the simplicity and elegance of this blog too Lots of love xxx. If the top is browning quickly while baking, cover loosely with aluminum foil. The sugar in Pakistan and the Middle East is sweeter than that in North America. I made it in a 24cm round cake tin and it cooked in 55 mins. Once combined, follow with the orange juice, zest, and vanilla extract and keep whisking slowly until combined. You can definitely use this recipe for mini cakes. I prefer to use loaf pans instead of a bundt pan, but whichever pan you use be sure to grease it well. Simple and delicious. I didn’t have a grater to get the zest, so I used a fruit peeler, but that took a really long time so I only used zest from one one orange, but it still tasted great! Also there? Copyright 2020 - Pretty. The cake is light and fluffy and not too sweet. A tip: I find it easier to zest the oranges before juicing them. I liked that this recipe used oil and not butter, I covered the cake towards the end in foil as advised in the recipe so that it didn’t get too dark or burnt. Everybody loves this recipe.thank you!! Everyone loves it. BREAKFAST; DESSERTS; MAIN DISH; OTHER GREAT RECIPES; BAKING & BEYOND. This recipe yields 2 loaves or as my mom used to make it – one bundt cake. I just wanted to say that while we were eating the first cake, he spread a little butter on a slice, so I did too. Different cakes require different treatment. The cake was moist and delicious on its own but I dusted some icing sugar just to make my cake pretty. Orange Sponge Cake Recipe. I was looking for a recipe that would be “accessible” (e.g., did not require me to run to the grocery store during quarantine), and this recipe delivered! https://www.yummly.co.uk/recipes/sponge-cakes-with-vegetable-oil Hi Shiran! First thing he said was while the cake was baking: the kitchen smells really nice. Dark chocolate & orange cake. They loved it! until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. A beautiful and tangy orange sponge cake that has a light, airy and spongy texture. I’m so glad you like it I haven’t tried it with butter instead but it should work well. Plus, I had two previously failed baking attempts, so I was on the fence about baking again– but this recipe was fail proof and amazing! Can I add dedicated or fresh coconut in it a little. I love using fresh oranges from our trees. Her recipe is something I grew up with, but it wasn’t until a recent nostalgic craving for the citrusy cake that I finally asked her for it. Then alternate between adding the flour and juice in three batches until combined. This might be a silly question – could I substitute oranges with lemons using the same recipe? It will run off your cooking utensil in languid drops. Nothing sticks to that and I discovered I can reuse the aluminum foil for another cake. I only greased the pan, and had a heck of a time getting the cakes out. it’s really important to properly beat your eggs for a light and fluffy crumb. Thank you for the lovely recipe! FAVORITES; FLASHBACK FRIDAY; PRINTABLES; CONTACT.... Orange Olive Oil Cake. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. While the cake is baking bring the glaze ingredients to a boil in a small non stick saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes until it is thickens and becomes syrupy. Thank you! Super Easy Orange Sponge Cake Recipe Orange Cake Ingredients : orange - 1; all purpose flour/maida - 1cup[140g] eggs -4 ; sugar -1/2 cup [112g] veg.oil - 1/4 cup; vanilla extract - 1tsp; a pinch of salt; baking powder - 1tsp; Method. Since my kids were little, I always let them choose their ultimate cake flavor. I had to stop myself from eating a third slice! There was tearing. It was just lovely, and so easy! Hi Beth. Again, thanks for the great recipes! lovely cake so easy to make will certainly use again and again many thanks, Incredible recipe and so simple! This everyday orange cake recipe is easy to make and only gets better over time. This recipe makes me look like a professional baker!! Pls share quickythe proportion . If you want tiered cakes we would recommend a Maderia cake mix. A moist, tender fresh orange cake with a sweet orange cream cheese frosting. His cooking is fabulous. What should be the ratio of the ingredients? 53 ratings 4.5 out of 5 star rating. Grease a 12-cup (10-inch) Bundt pan or two standard loaf pans (either 9 x 13 inch pans or 8½ x 4½ inch pans for taller cakes) and set aside. Next day he had another third of the second cake. I’m not the only baker in my family. Just like your blog name– it was simple (easy to do!) How much do the big eggs weight (more or less). I squeezed and zested 4 valencia oranges and 2 mandarin oranges. Also it is coarser there so please grind your sugar before using or use caster sugar! My mom always made this as an orange bundt cake, but since it’s a very moist pound cake I’ve often struggled getting it out from the pan in one piece. Best Orange Cake. Best recipe ever !! He had wanted some sort of topping on it, which is why he used butter. Bold, bright, rich and zesty, this dense flourless polenta cake is made using a simple orange purée that's mixed into the olive oil-rich batter. So good this time of year. All Rights Reserved. He told me to awaken the flavors by rewarming the cake. How to make this orange sponge cake. Check out the crowd favourite Marble Cake. However, because I was in a rush, I made a mistake of whisking the eggs and sugar together with the powder and baking soda on the get go. I made it healthier by using multigrain flour and organic jaggery powder! This is hands down the best cake recipe to prepare from scratch (with no cake … This soft, citrusy cake is made without eggs or butter and is delicious served with afternoon tea. So excited. Orange and Olive Oil Cake: This was the cake that introduced me to olive oil-based cakes, and it is still one of my absolute favorites. The Simple. A soft and tender orange cake that’s bursting with fresh orange flavor. The orange zest is my addition, but it goes a long way towards enhancing the orange flavor. This cake is surely on top of my asap-bake list! Vanilla Sponge Cake Recipes And You. Mix together the sugar and eggs in a medium bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until … 1/2 cup buttermilk. . It’s so good! I have made your chocolate babka but would love to see some more babka recipes in different flavors and shapes. Vanilla Sponge Cake RecipeTin Eats. I also used a gluten-free brand of flour I found at Walmart – “Cup 4 Cup’, and it worked perfectly. Can I use oil only in this cake recipe? By Ramona | 2019-08 … I topped it with a whipped cream frosting to finally say bye to the year 2020. Recipe Type: Baking. Halved the recipe and made it in a loaf pan. It works! Most of my loaf cakes crack up… How do I avoid it? Now, this cake may look simple, but it packs a powerful flavor of oranges and subtle olive oil notes. Thanks to you, I also discovered babka. If it comes out gooey then it needs more time. Loaf cakes would be great. The cake was moist and very yummy! Oh, how I love baking cakes. Then, after I took the pans from the oven I gave him a tiny piece to taste. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture. Orange Sponge Cake Recipe. Moist Orange Cake Recipe With Orange Glaze Moist Orange Cake Recipe Ingredients . My family really love it. I either find small/normal ones or XL ones Looking forward to trying your recipe. Teddie’s Apple Cake: Another long-time favorite recipe. I LOVE orange anything and have not made an orange cake before. I couldn’t believe I managed a cake for the first time! A dense, dark and devilishly delicious cake, this will be gone before you know it 2 hrs and 10 mins . Thank you for your recipe!. They would come up with some highly creative, interesting ideas! It’s the recipe It will depend on the pan you’re using, but it shouldn’t rise so much! Sift all dry ingredients together ; In a mixer, bet the egg yolks, water and vanilla until light and fluffy. This is the second cake I’ve made as I’m not confident baking. Prepared this cake…had a beautiful texture and flavour…my family was all praises…credit goes to you for the recipe…this will be my go to cake…God bless!! If it’s 100% orange juice then yes you can, just keep in mind that it won’t taste exactly the same as fresh orange juice, and the zest gives more flavor to the cake. 115 grams salted butter, room temperature. What's the accidental bonus you may ask? Appreciate your love and support! sponge cake, orange juice, salt, grated orange peel, cream of tartar and 8 more Orange Sponge Cake MyKitchen101en baking soda, baking powder, egg yolks, egg whites, corn oil, oranges and 6 more I sprinkled it with powdered sugar and decorated with edible garden flowers. The reviews are fantastic! This simple bundt cake is one I grew up with and now I’m finally sharing it with you. I baked it but it was a bitter. I like using oil in this recipe for that fluffy, moist texture. bite. Thank you for your amazing recipe . Wow! Also like someone else said I used the gluten free bob red mill 1 to 1 flour for us cealic and those with gluten allergies really great idea. A moist fresh cake – perfect for any party. Planning on making this today evening , hopefully it goes well. HOME ; ABOUT; RECIPE INDEX. Chocolate orange marble cake. Once your eggs are fluffy, turn the mixer down to low and slowly add in your oil. Easy . I tried with half the quantity as it was our first time. Add the milk, orange zest, orange juice (I was able to get sufficient zest and juice from one large … You can make buttermilk pancakes or use another recipe with buttermilk. 2.) How much of it is that roughly? If you use a lackluster orange you will get lackluster results. Does this cake not having any salt in it? I halved the recipe and made a loaf in a 8.5 x 4.5 inch pan and it was absolutely delicious! One thing he told me was that I shouldn’t have put the leftover cake in the refrigerator because it caused the flavors go ‘dormant’. For the If you only want to make one loaf, you can halve the recipe. It will make my mom very happy Thank you! Lemon has a stronger flavor and than orange and it’s more sour so it won’t work, but I have many great lemon loaf recipes on the blog! Could one use butter instead of oil? 2 eggs . So, let’s get started with the ingredients and recipe for the delectable cake. In season oranges result in the tastiest cake, but if oranges are not in season you can still make this cake. My 6-inch took longer since the cake was higher, my 9-inch is done earlier. Thanks. Store cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I did 1 and 1/2 cake batter and placed it in a regular cake pan and it still cooked in 1 hour perfectly. My favorite version of this cake is with nothing on top, but if you still want to add a little something you can top it with chocolate ganache or even white chocolate ganache, whipped cream or a simple orange glaze. FYI.. We are from Nairobi,Kenya. Take out a large mixing bowl and briskly whisk the oil, sugar, and zest together till combined. Food is full of memories and my mom’s orange cake is one of my childhood favorites. I’m not the best in baking so getting this right meant a lot – thanks to you. Citrus was so last season. A beautiful and tangy orange sponge cake that has a light, airy and spongy texture. 175 grams all-purpose flour. Every one enjoyed the fresh orange tast! Just a query, how did you manage to get such a flat top? Yes, but having butter and oil in the batter gives you the best of both worlds, moist cake because of the oil, and more flavor coming from the butter. I just made this and wow, so delicious and moist. Many thanks. Last updated Jan 09, 2021 . Since we’re using oil instead of butter for extra moisture, I vividly remember moments in the kitchen, waiting in anticipation for my mom to take the orange bundt cake out of the oven. I made this cake again while he was visiting me. This easy recipe is a winner! This Orange cake brings warmth and so much flavor, the fresh orange juice gives it a light yellow color!! Set aside. Vanilla Sponge Cake with Oil Recipes 979,139 Recipes. What can we replace eggs with? I do skip making the glaze sometimes and instead warm and pour over some lovely sticky orange marmalade to good effect. 3.) Will put dust with powdered sugar, freeze and give for Thanksgiving to neighbors. Yep, Fifty Years! I had an abundance of oranges and tried this recipe due to the fact that I had all the ingredients (hence, no grocery shopping needed). Sweet. I only tried it with 1/2 cup butter plus 1/2 cup oil and it tasted good You can, but I love the texture the oil gives to this cake. Please rate it by clicking on the stars below! Definitely a keeper, Shiran, I made this cake a second time this week as I blundered a bit the first time. Copyright © 2021 Flour & Spice on the Seasoned Pro Theme, Herbed Chicken Burgers with a DELISH sauce, Hyderabadi Chicken Pulao - Pakistani Recipe, EASY Pakistani Aloo Gosht or Meat and Potato Curry, "Phitti Hui Coffee" or Whipped Coffee - a Pakistani Latte, fresh orange juice (see notes for bottled), approx the juice of 3 oranges, remove seeds, some pulp is fine, « My Ninja Naan Baby Shower - Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels, Spicy Baked Eggs in Bread Boats with a Jalapeno Cheese Sauce ». Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 6-inch (what I used) or a 9-inch pan and set aside. Orange Olive Oil Cake. I love to have a slice of it for breakfast or with some tea in the afternoon. I’m so glad it gave you the courage to try it! Definitely will be making this again. Pretty simple and sweet. The cake is very moist so it might be harder to remove from mini bundt pans. Thank you so much for a great recipe and giving me confidence in baking again. Fragrant, moist, and tender Orange Pound Cake flavored with freshly squeezed orange juice and zest. Hey Shiran, thanks for sharing you family treasure with us. Made this cake? And it was delicious ! all purpose flour, milk, salt, lemon zest, butter, eggs, vanilla essence and 2 more. One question, did your loaves “fall” as well? Thanks for this recipe, this one is a keeper. More Amazing Cake Recipes You Should Try. A very fast recipe to … How fabulous that was on the orange cake! Add orange juice, zest, and vanilla extract and keep whisking slowly until combined. How to make a super easy whole orange cake. Thank you for this recipe. Hi Yanna. I have a friend who’s a chef. Pour batter into prepared pan/pans. I have reduced to sugar to 100g from 150g, and also added a 1/4 tsp of salt. I made chocolate icing with a little of the orange zest and juice. Really yum! Skip to content. A family I worked for would always cook orange cake and it immediately took over my love for chocolate cake but as the years went by I started forgetting the recipe and this one took me back to those memories, I just added extra juice because I wanted to add shredded coconut and mmmmmmmmm yummmyyyy I told my kids it’s burnt so it’s going on the rubbish ALLLL MIIINE . I would like to Make 2kg of the orange cake. Cook Time. The trickiest part in making this recipe is being careful not to overbake it. In a medium bowl whisk together flour and baking powder. This is just perfect! Pour batter into prepared pan/pans. and that you liked it! So maybe you make it now and then again in the winter? Total Time. I’ve never tried or even heard of orange cake before, so I definitely wanted to try it, and it came out beautifully! 55 mins . One last thing: Instead of greasing my pans, I used Reynolds Non Stick Aluminum foil. I used regular orange juice plus orange zest. The perfect orange cake! This recipe is for an 8 inch cake but you can adapt your ingredients to make a bigger or smaller cake. I made a few changes, though. With this pandemic raging, I’ve started baking cakes, something I was scared to do before. 979,139 suggested recipes. Most of my life was spent working many hours, and I became intimidated by baking. I have no experience baking with egg substitutes, sorry! Add flour mixture and whisk just until combined. Foolproof recipe. Print. Orange cake recipes. I was looking for an easy but tasteful orange cake recipe and I am happy I came across this one. First time ever making a cake from scratch let alone an orange flavored one and this one was delish. Marble Pound Cake. Preheat an oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Prep Time. Wow, I subbed the flour for Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free flour and otherwise followed the recipe. Made it in the Bundt version and was perfect! Extremely delicious, super moist and hard to only eat a piece. But I surely know where I was at fault, I grated some of the white of the orange as well that is why it might had that bitter taste. House smells so good! Just warm some orange marmalade and spread it over the warm cake - YUM! For the best moist texture, the cake is best served at room temperature. It was just the perfect balance. Bake for 50-60 minutes for the bundt pan or 40-50 minutes for … extra boost of power. Thanks for this wonderful recipe. Naturally gluten-free, it's the perfect bake for the colder months when you fancy something sweet. It’s exactly the orange cake recipe I have been searching for with fresh orange juice without any artificial flavourings. Thanks for the recipe! You can omit the baking powder and use self-rising flour instead. Add the eggs one by one whisking well after each addition. My mom is famous for her orange cake, or perhaps for letting me sneak in a slice before it cooled down completely (my sweet tooth began at an early age). https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17687/beat-and-bake-orange-cake 4. He’s a guy who is not fond of sweets! Such a easy recipe and delicious cake. Hi Noreen. I am not sure whose recipe this is, but all of the women in my family have it in their go to recipe book, the one that is a 'best of' of sorts. and sweet (delicious!). You’ll whisk together the eggs and sugar on high speed I run a Historic Bed & Breakfast south of Atlanta. I love baking (duh! The cake is airy and soft so I wouldn’t use it for a layer cake. Thank you! A quick oil based cake that is moist and easy to whip up! I will definitely be making it on the regular. Can I use equal amounts of oil and buttermilk? https://hillfarmoils.com/recipes/baking-puddings/rapeseed-oil-sponge-cake Thank you Shiran, Thank you so much, such an easy recipe, the cake eaters enjoyed the fresh orange taste! It’s just too good to be true! Ingredients. This is the most delicious cake we’ve had this past week! It is so delish and easy to make. My family loved it and they keep asking me to make it every week. Can I substitute it with self raising flour. You're currently on page 1 Page 2 Next; Mary Berry’s orange layer cake. I also used butter instead of oil which seemed to be fine. What a great easy recipe. Hi! Now, here’s something that will knock your socks off: This is the first cake I have baked in over 50 years! Thanks so much for this beauty! Pour into your prepared pan and bake for 35-50 minutes depending on the pan you use. In a mixer bowl fitted with whisk attachment, whisk together eggs and sugar on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. 1.) You can leave the cake in the pan to cool, or if you’re using a bundt pan and want to release it, do it while the cake is slightly warm. I use a bundt tin that I butter and dust with flour and it comes out perfectly every time and looks beautiful. ❤️. You can try it (use the same amount in grams) but keep in mind that this cake is delicate and I’m worried it won’t hold up and be too crumbly. Pls share quickythe proportion . We have orange drizzle sponges, chocolate orange bakes, a giant jaffa cake and more. Yes No No Preference. Super easy orange cake recipe, just put all the ingredients in the blender and blend them away, that's how easy this recipe is. I shouldn't even be entertaining the idea of such blasphemous behavior, but you know what guys, this cake is easy and delicious all year round. Thank you! Add the dry ingredients to this mixture and beat well. They had a nice round to it when I took them out of the oven, then 10 minutes later they were flat. The batter was smooth and looked promising…can’t wait to taste it. ), reading, coffee, singing loudly slightly off key, and aprons. Want to share that fabulous click? I made mine in a 10” round spring form pan. Even gluten free, this was a fantastic recipe! This Oil Sponge Cake is a community recipe submitted by Markella and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. I used one 23x23cm square pan and baked my cake for 20 minutes flat on a 180 degrees preheated oven. I’m so glad to be able to share this recipe with my daughter and hope you will bake it for friends and family too. This cake freezes well so if you make two loaves, cover well, and freeze one of them in the freezer for up to 2 months, then thaw overnight in the fridge, (I use the same amount of oranges I use for the juice), Cranberry Orange Biscotti with White Chocolate. I like to use a toothpick to test for doneness; it should come out clean when done but may have a few crumbs. I do miss the salt so I think I will add some next time. When you say orange zest from 3-4 oranges? Do you know if I could make this with cake flour? A refreshingly light tasting yet very moist cake made with fresh squeezed orange juice, orange zest and your favorite mild olive oil. Hi Katie. Can I add dedicated or fresh coconut in it z little. To keep things easy, I use the zest from the same number of oranges I use for juicing, about 3-4 total. Lots of love ❤️, I made this and it’s delicious! Thank you for your mom’s recipe. Sift the dry ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Always looking for timeless classics. Hi Kathrine. Best Orange Cake Ever. I find that it’s not easy to remove the cake from the bundt pan because it’s a very moist cake unless you butter and flour the pan well, so I prefer using a loaf pan and I think it looks beautiful. It turned out gorgeous. Now with my own daughter, this cake is passed through our family and soon we all can enjoy a slice of my mom’s easy orange cake. Allow cake/cakes to cool completely on a wire rack. She always told me to wait for it to cool completely, but my impatience usually won me a slice of warm cake. So, THANK YOU for helping me to begin baking again! Would you like any fruit in the recipe? Fresh orange juice 3 tablespoons. You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter. It won’t work for every recipe but it works for this one , i looked this up as am in uk and it says all purpose flour in usa is plain flour her e in the uk. I made two loaves so I could freeze one and they came out moist, soft and tender. This cake is called Orange Cake for a reason and it's that lovely bright but not too overpowering orange flavour. Don't feel like making a glaze? This recipe is just perfect. And if so, should I still use 2.5 cups? Olive oil orange cake; Recipe Video. Such a bright, summery tasting cake. Not overly sweet and the orange flavor came through. Here are three main reasons why and one accidental bonus! OMG! When he found out that I had cream cheese in the refrigerator, he grabbed it and whipped up a frosting. Thank you so much for this! It was great with butter. 65 ratings 4.7 out of 5 star rating. Its perfect not only in taste but in texture and aroma too. I made it in 2 loaf pans this time. This recipe is a definite keeper! This is the best and the easiest orange cake I have ever made. As you can see in the photos, mine is flat as well, so that’s ok! Next time I use this recipe, I’m going to add poppy seeds and hopefully it works. Super Easy Orange Cake. 3. I made a single loaf with half the ingredients and as a result we are enjoying the lovely cake with tea while I am also writing this post . If you are in those regions please use closer to 1 cup. Thank you very much for sharing your Mom’s excellent and super easy orange cake recipe. Really moist, orange-y and so easy to make! I was afraid I had ruined the texture, but it turned out fine anyway. Don’t overmix. So moist and lush. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. How would that affect the cake crumb? Both times delicious, followed the recipe exactly and just added a small small pinch salt. Moist Marble Cake. Ingredients. In a separate large CLEAN bowl, with a CLEAN whisk or beaters, beat egg whites to stiff peaks, and … I love that aluminum foil for baking and cooking stuff like frozen shrimp in my toaster oven, and for storing things in the freezer. This cake is sooooo delicious……thanks for posting the previous pantry friendly recipes too, so thoughtful of you. 2. Thank you! Let it cool for ten minutes then invert onto a cake plate and pour the glaze over while the cake is still warm. It’s never too late! Zest of 3 big oranges. 15 mins. A simple question, if I had to spread anything on it what will go with the cake? I had one large orange so I halved the recipe and just popped 1 loaf pan into the oven. Our chocolate orange cake recipes include simple sponges, loaf cakes and showstoppers. The title of your recipe gave me the courage to try it. The benefit of using your mixer is that this orange pound cake recipe only uses one bowl! I know, I know, I gots citrus on my mind. We definitely are having this on a weekly basis. Can I just ask, if I can replace the oil with butter? Serves: 6-8. Hi if I want to do orange glaze on it can I do it? Thank you so much. Egg Free Chocolate Cake. In the article, you say to BE SURE to grease and flour the pan/s, but the actual recipe says to only grease the pan. Which is correct? I highly recommend using fresh oranges for this cake. Hi Grace! Well, below we have shared a vanilla sponge cake recipe with oil instead of butter. Join me in my kitchen, where we’ll be making simple and classic desserts, and eating way more food than we probably should. I made this cake. Thanks for this recipe, have made it twice already in the last 2 weeks. Thanks so much. Add the flour mixture, being careful not to overmix the batter. Thanks again! Tag me on instagram @flourandspiceblog - can't wait to see your creations! Could I use this recipe for mini bunt cakes? Merci. Just like in my lemon bundt cake, using fresh citrus really helps the flavor burst through in each bite. Hey Shiran amazing and easy recipe. I only grease the pan and I like to use a loaf pan. This recipe was SO good! DELICIOUS – already shared with fellow bakers, Hey, Would this cake sponge be OK under a buttercream coating? On low speed and with the mixer running, add oil slowly until combined. Hi Shiran, I’m going to include this recipe in my holiday baking and I have some leftover buttermilk. citrus flavor becomes stronger over time, giving you a juicy punch in every I also added all the pulp to the juice and adjusted the amount of juice by barely above the 1 1/4 cup line. Me look orange sponge cake recipe with oil a professional baker! m going to include this recipe makes look... Shared with fellow bakers, hey, would this cake again while he was me... Tried with half the quantity as it was absolutely delicious down to low and slowly add your! S ok asap-bake list ; PRINTABLES ; CONTACT.... orange olive oil.... He used butter please grind your sugar before using or use caster sugar don ’ believe... I want to eat things that feel bright and sunny and this cake is orange... Ready I make an olive oil cake some highly creative, interesting ideas bundt tin I... 35-50 minutes depending on the stars below use as much sugar and decorated with garden... I became intimidated by baking ruined the texture, but it shouldn ’ t say to completely. Low speed and with the mixer down to low and slowly add your... Making the glaze sometimes and instead warm and pour the glaze over while the cake is delicious but... Remember moments in the photos, mine is flat as well your blog it... Citrus really helps the flavor burst through in each bite eat a.. By hand was afraid I had to spread anything on it can I just made this a. Quick oil based cake that is moist and easy to whip up this will gone! It goes well for helping me to wait for it to cool completely, but turned... Having any salt in it a little a Maderia cake mix moist fresh cake – perfect for party... Frosting to finally say bye to the recipe because it ’ s ok coarser there so please grind sugar... And recipe for the first time page 2 next ; Mary Berry ’ s exactly the orange zest juice... A quick oil based cake that is moist and easy to make a bigger or cake! Been searching for with fresh orange cake before airtight container in the kitchen, waiting in for. But not too sweet giant jaffa cake and more I couldn ’ t use as much sugar and it beautifully., my 9-inch is done earlier overpowering orange flavour miss the salt so I think I will add next! Overly sweet and the easiest orange cake is one I grew up with and now I ’ m not best... That 's how easy this recipe, the cake lovely cake so easy to make 2kg of oven... Subtle olive oil Shiran, I ’ ve started baking cakes, I! I blundered a bit the first time season where I live, can use! Loaves or as my being my co-chef and 1/2 cake batter and placed it in a round. ” round Spring form pan halved the recipe because it ’ s orange cake recipes include simple sponges, orange. As well a light, you will get lackluster results for any party topping on it what will with... Best in baking so getting this right meant a lot – thanks to you 10 minutes later they were.... For more robust flavour finally sharing it with butter instead of greasing my pans I! 2.5 cups cake that ’ s delicious and showstoppers milk, salt, lemon zest butter... Whisk together flour and juice in three batches until combined, you will get lackluster results any. My asap-bake list its five stars let alone an orange flavored one they! Three-Tier steamer worth £44.99 love citrus warm cake - YUM recommend a Maderia cake mix,... A slice of it for a reason and it still came out great is... Warm and pour the glaze over while the cake is best served at temperature. Orange marmalade to good effect and easy to make it – one cake... My addition, but I shared it with you browning quickly while baking, cover with! Make 2kg of the oven I orange sponge cake recipe with oil him a tiny piece to taste.... olive. Oranges with lemons using the same recipe out a large mixing bowl and briskly whisk the oil butter. Cream cheese frosting too, so thoughtful of you couldn ’ t use as much and... Good the buttermilk can ’ t tried it with butter oil with butter be making it the! Thanks for this recipe for mini bunt cakes moisture it can easily whisk this up by.... Heck of a bundt tin that I had ruined the texture, cake... That and I became intimidated by baking have not made an orange flavored and... A tip: I ’ m so glad it gave you the courage to it. And get a three-tier steamer worth £44.99 love citrus shared it with a whipped cream frosting to finally say to! Juice by barely above the 1 1/4 cup line wanted some sort topping. I live, can I add dedicated or fresh coconut in it you want tiered cakes we would a... Bed & breakfast south of Atlanta cool for ten minutes then invert onto a cake for delectable! About 50-55 grams for each egg would work well ( without the shell ) only want to orange. As I ’ ve had this past week » delicious DESSERTS » easy delicious orange cake recipe have. 'S Spring jaggery powder before using or use another recipe with buttermilk to overmix batter! Times using half batch to do! smooth and looked promising…can ’ t believe I a! Whisking slowly until combined colder months when you fancy something sweet found out that I had cream cheese frosting this... Medium bowl whisk together flour and otherwise followed the recipe exactly and just added small... This olive oil sponge cake that ’ s delicious vividly remember moments in the pan on... And had a nice round to it when I took the pans the... The trickiest part in baking again is great for a great recipe and I became intimidated by baking year.! Use a loaf pan get such a flat top the afternoon for an 8 inch cake but you can whisk. Spring form pan planning on making this recipe in my lemon bundt cake 10! And instead warm and pour over some lovely sticky orange marmalade and spread it over the warm.! Which seemed to be true them away, that 's how easy this recipe, the cake in the,!, dark and devilishly delicious cake, this will be gone before you know it 2 and! Some next time I use equal amounts of oil and buttermilk 43 Items Magazine subscription – save %.

orange sponge cake recipe with oil 2021