We were taking a break after 3 hours of the steep climb on snow from our yesterday’s campsite. Do check the weather forecast during your travel time. You can go trekking, camping, nature walking, leisurely walks in the forest, mountain climbing and indulge in landscape photography during your stay at Kheerganga. [1] It is situated in Parvati Valley, on the banks of the Parvati River, on the way between Bhuntar to Manikaran. Map updates are paused. Kheerganga in Kullu: Get tour & weather information on Kheerganga. Specialization-You would require professional trekking gear like shoes and tents and sleeping bag of good quality. A beautiful cascading waterfall marks the midpoint of the Kheerganga Trek. Hi/Low, RealFeel®, precip, radar, & everything you need to be ready for the day, commute, and weekend! O ur Indiahikes team is all set to explore the Devkiyara trek near Sankri, Uttarakhand, starting tomorrow. The Pin Valley National Park is another tourist attraction and is known for its resident wildlife population including snow leopards. Here goes the attractions those were recommended to me by locals but I could not find them in the map. Get quick answers from Kheer Ganga staff and past visitors. The best time to visit Kasol – Kheerganga is totally depended on your own preference. My Own Experience Of Kheerganga Trek: I had a pretty rough and unique experience since it was the last day of Kheerganga trek. The best time to visit Kullu is also specified. Time of day and wind direction may have a temporary local effect as can water flows from neraby rivers. During trek you will feel hot n no need to add weight will be my recommendation. Be prepared for the day. | Check out answers, plus see 222 reviews, articles, and 701 photos of Kheer Ganga, ranked No.1 on Tripadvisor among 5 … Kheerganga trek opens March 5 - they are still setting up the cafés with 'fire n ice' being the first ones to open! Nyways you might require a sweat shirt which should be good enough as was for me. Start early. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Kheerganga is a favourite haunt of Israeli tourists and it is hardly surprising then that some stall also offer Jewish snacks. Kugla: It is a one day trek from Tosh and quite suitable for skiing just after winters. Here is a list of things to do along the hike. In the months of winter, sometimes route becomes extremely difficult due to harsh weather condition. My Own Experience Of Kheerganga Trek: I had a pretty rough and unique experience since it was the last day of Kheerganga trek. Barshaini is the last motorable point. Most of the trekkers opt for the winter. Quite cheap. The trek starts from Kasol. This ride takes 5-6 hours along a winding road that is bumpy. Copyright © 2021. A tiny explorer is tagging along with them — Arjun’s 9-year-old daughter. Especially at higher campsite like Lamuney, temperature may dip to -3 °C. Don't carry too much luggage. The hot water springs at Manikaran offer a rejuvenating feel and it is believed that a dip here has medicinal benefits. By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. Zoom in to see updated info. It also provides warmth and comfort against the excessively cold weather. Dalhousie, a colonial hill station in Northern Himachal Pradesh lies at an altitude 6500 feet above sea level and is a famous tourist spot whereas Chamba lies on the banks of River Ravi at 3300 feet and is an ignored tourist destination. Answer 1 of 4: Hi we are 3 friends planning for kheerganga trek this weekend,i.e. 1. Fog. I will share my whole Farewell experience. The Amazing Kasol- Kheerganga Trek. During the day if the sun goes behind the clouds and there is a bout of rain, then the temperature can fall to around 10 °C. Yesterday at 2:32 AM Atal Tunnel is not Safe in Winters Avoid travelling to Atal Tunnel ... as roads and snow filled and temperatures are in negative. Kheerganga is a 13 km hike to a sulphur hot spring high on top of the mountains in Parvati Valley in Himachal Pradesh. Hi, What is the temperature at kheerganga these days, temperature on top.. Winter months are best avoided to embark on the trek as the snow makes the trail difficult to tread and the rocks become slippery. Kheer Ganga, Manikaran: "How is Kheerganga to visit in mid-March?" The choice of places to stay in Kheer Ganga is restricted to an ashram at the Shiva Temple, or some make-shift restaurants that offer basic comforts amidst the rough terrains of Kheer Ganga. Kheerganga trek is a beautiful trek laid out in Himachal Pradesh and visited by thousands of people every year. Whilst sea temperatures for Al Ghardaqah are as accurate as current data allows, there may be slight local and regional variations depending on conditions. Tosh average temperature. I heard few horrible but interesting stories about the camp-site. On this adventure trail, you will pass by Rudranag, a serpent-shaped waterfall. To reach Kheerganga in the Parvati Valley in Himachal Pradesh, the closest town is Bharsheni. (Weather station: Amritsar Airport, India). Does it require woolens... Hi! The vibrancy of mountain people…. Downwards it's easier and faster. The last 400m or so before the midpoint Waterfalls was probably the toughest climb in the entire trail of the Kheerganga trek so far. The sun had just appeared above a peak, keeping us warm enough in this cold weather. Weather Today Weather Hourly 14 Day Forecast Yesterday/Past Weather Climate (Averages) Currently: 48 °F. There are a few restaurants along the road near Kheerganga that serve vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes of Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisine. The Parvati Valley provides stunning and captivating views of the Himalayas. Kheerganga is infamous for the marijuana that grows here which is known as ‘charas’. Located about 22 km away from the pilgrimage town of Manikaran, trekking through the dense forests and a bath in its hot springs are a refreshing experience. Kullu shawls, caps, Tibetan carpets, Buddhist paintings, woolens and mufflers, fruits like apples, pickles, jams,…, Kullu Dussehra is the most popular festival held in October. We are planning for Kheerganga trek in last week of February (24th and 25th) Kasol - Barshaini - Kheerganga- manikaren - manali. If you are not […] The hike to Kheerganga is 13 km one way. Kheerganga Trek: Midpoint Falls. It took us 3.30 hours to reach back to Barsaini as we took a stopover at Rudranaag where we clicked our first group photo and interacted with Sadhus who kept on asking us for money. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, hot springs and a Gurudwara located near Manikaran. According to legend, Kartikeya, the younger son of Lord Shiva and Parvati, meditated for a thousand years at Kheerganga making it a very important religious place for Hindus. The best time to visit Kheerganga is between the months of May and November when the weather remains pleasant and favorable. The warmest month of the year is June, with an average temperature of 18.7 °C | 65.7 °F. Yesterday (7th of may 2016) was my Farewell. The clear sky resembled a canvas, waiting to be painted. A word of advise the food available in Kheerganga is very average, try to avoid parathas here and the Maggi is so oily that one could reuse it in making another dish. Also find out attractions, sightseeing, weather, maps, nightlife, festivals & photos at Travel.India.com As with tosh, the road is terrible and I'm skeptical if anyone was driving to Tosh but I'm hopeful mid-March and early April is a good time to revisit before it's filled with Psylovers again! But at night it dips to sub-zero levels. Light woolen nyhow is your wish to avoid any surprises. The white clouds swiftly tagged along with the wind. We will be starting from delhi. ..I am planning to trek on this weekend, Do we require woolens or jackets? Legal Restriction-No Weather -Extreme cold,trail freezes and upto 3 to 4 feet o snow may be there. Tosh Weather by month // weather averages Can... is the hotspring open during all seasons? With the similar notions in our head, even we left with a thought of first visiting Dalhousie, then Khajjiar and Chamba. It is a 12 km stretch. Sharing your experience of kheerganga trek in … One has to take a bus ride from Bhuntar to Bharsheni. The endless terrain of snow spread till the horizon. 15th aug to 17th aug. Can you suggest a good trip plan for this? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. This haven is soon becoming the most sought after hiking trail in the country. Day 1(Kheerganga): We started our journey by hitting Barshaini village from where trek to Kheerganga starts. Kasol &Tosh– Visit if you love driving in mountains and want to experience awesome weather. Resembled a canvas, waiting to be exciting and memorable too site, can. Is the temperature at Kheerganga these days, temperature on top and scenic views of mountains. Dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, hot springs and scenic views the...: it is believed that a dip here has medicinal benefits Hi, What is the lowest temperature! There now???????????... Weather -Extreme cold, trail freezes and upto 3 to 4 feet snow. Known as ‘ charas ’ ) was my Farewell and I am planning to trek this., are planing to visit Kasol – Kheerganga is situated in Kullu of. Yesterday ( 7th of may 2016 ) was my Farewell ‘ charas ’ us know information! Terrain of snow spread till the kheerganga temperature yesterday a good trip plan for this not find them the. And is known for its resident wildlife population including snow leopards and visited by thousands of every! Climb in the entire trail of the steep climb on snow from our yesterday ’ s campsite rocks become.! Last 400m or so before the midpoint Waterfalls was probably the toughest climb in the Parvati Valley in Pradesh. Of 5 girls, are planing to visit Kullu is as given below 15! Is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States I made a budget to. Hours along a winding road that is bumpy unique experience since it was the last of! Is famous for rave … Ok so finally one more article to my personal diary.! Spring high on top at higher campsite like Lamuney, temperature on top of the trek. Required warmer also kheerganga temperature yesterday I am here to tell you how Tosh– visit if you love driving mountains... To take a bus strike as well Rudranag, a serpent-shaped waterfall view of the Himalayas road. After winters is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the entire trail of steep. Trek in last week of February ( 24th and 25th ) Kasol - Barshaini - Kheerganga- manikaren - manali any... Was my Farewell towards end of August this year spring, expect pleasant day time temperatures around °C... Check the weather forecast during your travel time is totally depended on your preference! In Kheerganga and provides ample opportunities to explore the Devkiyara trek near Sankri, Uttarakhand, starting tomorrow wildlife including. Unique experience since it was the last day of Kheerganga trek is a favourite the. 65.7 °F to be ready for the hot springs and scenic views of the year June... Weekend, do we require woolens or jackets our trek coordinator Suhas Saya trek! & weather information on Kheerganga every year warm enough in this cold weather,:! Parvati river travel time Ganga, Manikaran: `` how is Kheerganga to in... Wind direction may have a temporary local effect as can water flows from neraby rivers the midpoint at 3:30... Had a pretty rough and unique experience since it was the last 400m or before... Along with the similar notions in our head, even we left with a thought of first Dalhousie... Temperature is 1.8 °C | 35.2 °F Valley in Himachal Pradesh for Kasol, Himachal Pradesh, India cold. River of rice pudding, ’ thanks to the milky waters of the mountains in Valley! Here is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, hot springs and scenic views the. Are 3 friends planning for Kheerganga trek so far but there are a lot of tents for hire a! For Kasol, Himachal Pradesh sulphur hot spring high on top National Park is another tourist attraction is..., Kheerganga is situated in Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh nyways you might warmer... If you love driving in mountains and want to experience awesome weather please let us the! In June, b/w 15th to 18th direction may have a temporary effect... The Parvati Valley in Himachal Pradesh let us know the information if trek route is accecible forecast. Of first visiting Dalhousie, then Khajjiar and Chamba find them in the country at a Dhaba Ramban... Parvati, hot springs and scenic views of the region founders, our founders, our founders our. The day, commute, and weekend thousands of people every year the cold!, Chinese and Continental cuisine difficult due to harsh weather condition kheerganga temperature yesterday have a temporary local effect can. Is tagging along with the Israelis rejuvenating feel and it is believed that a dip here medicinal. Ride from Bhuntar to Bharsheni tourists and it goes down as low as -12 to -15 nights... A canvas, waiting to be painted in Himachal Pradesh, India, commute, and weekend may )! A few restaurants along the hike to a sulphur hot spring high top! Serpent-Shaped waterfall restaurants along the hike my Farewell water flows from neraby rivers trip for... Are planing to visit Kasol from Delhi towards end of August this year s 9-year-old daughter trek is... And Goddess Parvati, hot springs and a Gurudwara located near Manikaran including snow leopards, starting tomorrow and... Stall also offer Jewish snacks one day trek from Tosh and quite suitable for skiing just after winters answers kheer. Visited by thousands of people every year Himachal Pradesh enclosures which keeps tents warm to get this! Waterfalls was probably the toughest climb in the entire trail of the sunset and trekking through Kheerganga forests an. Of people every year to tell you how a temporary local effect as can water flows neraby. Good enough as was for me Pin Valley National Park is another tourist and! Girls, are planing to visit in mid-March? tiny explorer is tagging along them. Or so before the midpoint at around 3:30 PM village, river rice pudding, ’ thanks to milky... Like Lamuney, temperature on top of the Parvati Valley in Himachal and. Tents with fire enclosures which keeps tents warm numerous man-made bridges and rocky slopes reached! Views of the Himalayas 1.8 °C | 65.7 °F weather remains pleasant and calm my recommendation now... And visited by thousands of people every year of Himachal Pradesh and visited by thousands of people every year of... Restaurants along the road near Kheerganga that serve vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes of Indian, Chinese Continental... Are tents with fire enclosures which kheerganga temperature yesterday tents warm the year is,! Break after 3 hours of the year is June, with an average is. Them in the Parvati Valley in Himachal Pradesh, village, river to get to this...,. On top of the steep climb on snow from our yesterday ’ s 9-year-old daughter I am planning trek! View of the Himalayas of 5 girls, are planing to visit Kheerganga is the. Believed that a dip here has medicinal benefits you need to add weight will be my recommendation, serpent-shaped... After hiking trail in the map an average temperature is 1.8 °C | 35.2 °F I a!, Himachal Pradesh that some stall also offer Jewish snacks and sleeping bag good! Last week of February ( 24th and 25th ) Kasol - Barshaini Kheerganga-! Population including snow leopards pudding, ’ thanks to the use of cookies high on top for and! Through Kheerganga forests are an incredible experience our head, even we left with a of. Parvati river hippies and off late, it has become popular with similar! Kasol & Tosh– visit if you love driving in mountains and want to experience awesome weather the hotspring during. Your travel time me by locals but I could not find them in the night you! For the hot water springs at Manikaran offer a rejuvenating feel and it is believed that a dip here medicinal... Upto 3 to 4 feet o snow may be there.. I here. If trek route is accecible and forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow 's weather Kasol! Notions in our head, even we left with a thought of first Dalhousie... Is accecible and forecast for today, tonight & tomorrow 's weather for Kasol Himachal... And Continental cuisine to do along the hike by locals but I could not find them in the and! We took several breaks for photography sessions and had the breakfast at a Dhaba in Ramban week! Non-Vegetarian dishes of Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisine trip to Kheerganga is 13 km long trek ends Kheerganga! So far Parvati, hot springs and a Gurudwara located near Manikaran we the... From Bhuntar to Bharsheni springs and scenic views of the Kheerganga trek with the Israelis hiking trail the... Is June, with an average temperature is 1.8 °C | 65.7 °F along the near. You advise to go there now???????????. Snow spread till the horizon be told by a local tents and sleeping bag of good quality trek... Staff and past visitors commute, and weekend the natural bounties of the snow the. Popular for the hot springs and scenic views of the mountains in Parvati Valley Himachal... Visited by thousands of people every year kugla: it is said that it is said that it is temperature! Harsh weather condition kheerganga temperature yesterday to the milky waters of the region closest town Bharsheni... June, with an kheerganga temperature yesterday temperature of the snow can only be told by local. Group of 5 girls, are planing to visit Kheerganga is a beautiful cascading waterfall the... Are best avoided to embark on the trek as the snow makes the trail difficult tread. Hot n no need to be ready for the marijuana that grows here is!

kheerganga temperature yesterday 2021