Scrape batter into a greased and lined 325 cm (10 inch) baking tin. Jamaican Cakes. This magical and rich flavoured cake is a staple of Christmas. I mean, they are so much better than […] make the cake batter. However, despite the variance in the ingredient list, by and large, the look and even the taste of Black Cake, from Jamaica and isles beyond, always seem to mysteriously lie on the same plane. New! Reply Share this awesome content with your friends now. 2. Jcan Delights cakes are coveted at weddings, birthdays and any occasion with guests who appreciate the flavor of Jamaican Rum. Let the cakes cool in the pans on a rack, remove the sides and bottoms of the pans, and wrap the cakes in foil or wax paper. Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. Raisins, prunes, currants, cherries, and other fruits are soaked in wine (or a wine and rum mixture), then baked into a super moist and rich cake… To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day. Let the cakes stand at room temperature for a week. Stone dates and chop fine. Beat in eggs one at a time; add lime juice and lime rind. Fruits soaked then puréed to achieve a smooth medium texture with a ripened fruity taste. on medium high heat till it is properly baked, and a pick comes out Actually, Black Cake is eaten right throughout the year because there are always fruits soaking in some rum the year before. To For the best mouthwatering Jamaican Black Fruit Cake, fruits should be soaked in Red Label Wine for 1 week at minimum or to up to a year. No Reviews . Combine flour, baking powder, breadcrumbs, mixed spice or nutmeg and mix well. Do like I did! The Jamaican black cake, also called Jamaican fruit cake, is the traditional Christmas cake of Jamaica, made from rum/wine soaked fruits, wine, and love!. Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe aka 'Jamaican Chrismus Cake' The preparation is certainly not as difficult as you might have initially thought. Add egg mixture to creamed butter and sugar. 6 ounces flour: 8 ounces Gold seal margarine or butter: For Authentic Jamaican products, from my very own hands, visit my Etsy store here. Read more about him here. Follow me now on a journey while I introduce you to some of the most delectable food from Jamaica. Do no over-beat when mixing. Traditionally the fruit in Jamaica Fruit Cake is soaked in Red Wine and Rum 6months or earlier depends on the baker. The only word that comes to my mind when I think Jamaican Rum Cake is Christmas! A Jamaican Christmas celebration is not complete without traditional Jamaican Christmas Fruit cake. This cake is made with fruit wine (tastes similar to Red Label Wine, but less concentrated) and White rum. I’m actually a bit insulted that people are comparing it to English fruit cake because it is certainly not the same thing when made correctly. Copyright © Simbis Inc. All rights reserved. Pour liquor on fruit and steep for at least 1 month. Have Your Say| Please Click Here To Share It With Your Friends, Home| Partners| By Mike on May 23, 2014 in Eat & Drink, Food, recipes. What is Jamaican fruit cake. It has been a favored gift amongst Jamaicans during the Christmas season. Thanks to Kayann, I now officially have a video of the how to make this Jamaican delicacy. Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. I welcome, Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed. This dark and spongy cake is a labor of love that is rich in flavors from rum soaked fruits. The mixture is then baked in greased baking dishes Nov 10, 2018 - Explore Lisa miller's board "Jamaican fruit cake" on Pinterest. Our Preferred Sponsors  & Friends (below), If you ever happen to sought someone who, despite the daily conflicts, chaos, complications and confusion, is totally at peace with himself, free, as, This question provided us the wonderful opportunity to provide some quite interesting and insightful information that I hope Shantae, and indeed all, You believe me when I tell you that my readers inspire me? 5 from 5 votes His Shop Now for Jamaican recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store. Site Search| By Wellesley Gayle, Copyright © 2007-2020 My-Island-Jamaica.com. If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here. A Jamaican cake is normally quite moist and dense with rich macerated fruits that have been soaked for ages. and universities. Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe. Traditional Jamaican snacks are beyond scrumptious and they are finally getting their highlight. You can see the post on this page. When soaked that long, the … Belo…, January 5, 2020 I just woke to the news that the legendary hotelier and businessman, Gordon 'Butch' Stewart died last evening. It is very popular during Christmas time and is most often served with sorrel. Pansie has been creating cakes for the past 20 years, her specialty being the Jamaican black (fruit) cake but other customers favorites include Black cake, Red Velvet cake, American Rum cake and White Wine cakes. ', Delectable Food from Jamaica - Tasty Jamaican Food & Drinks, Meet The Master Jamaican Drum Maker - King Toto | Traditional Jamaican Drums, English Place Names In Jamaica | Popular places named by the British in Jamaica, Jamaican Business Mogul Gordon Butch Stewart Is Dead. to see the full list of our easy and exciting Jamaican recipes. It is the cake of choice for weddings, parties or any formal occasion in Jamaica. Cut all fruit very fine, except currants. Black Fruit Cake is the go to cake in Jamaica for special occasions. Well our food defines us too! Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! The fruits, which consist of raisins, cherries, papaya, dates, prunes and any other dried fruits, are prepared either by boiling in wine or soaked in the wine for at least 3 weeks. Add flour and fold in. Jamaican Fruit Cake also known as Black Cake, Rum Cake or Christmas Cake, is a rich dark rum soaked fruits cake. Talk To MeWas the information helpful? Jamaican coconut drops recipe. Was the information helpful? Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Click Here to watch my latest videos on my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it! Fruit Cake|Jamaican Fruit Cake|Black Cake|Wine Cake | Sorrel Cake 6 & 8 inch cakes IBakeTreats. Jamaica sorrel Christmas fruit cake recipe.Sorrel fruit cake is moist and very delicious. I recommend you START HERE to enjoy the best of this website! Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Jamaican Fruit Cake are not complete without some rum soaked fruits. Share your passion(about your city, hobby or experience) and make a living from it. Roll out half the almond paste between sheets of plastic wrap to form a 10" round and remove the top sheet of plastic wrap. From shop JcanDelights. While traditionally it’s a cake for Christmas, it is also paired with a white fondant for traditional wedding cakes as well. You can choose to blend them or not. Thnx ;-). Used for weddings, baptisms, birthday cakes and any special functions where cakes are a must, black fruit cake can be iced or plain. , Copyright © 2007-2020 My-Island-Jamaica.com, Homestyle Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe | In Text And Video, Traditional Jamaican Snacks - 'Sweet Like Suga! Sift together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, and salt. Privacy Policy & Terms of use. In fact, not only is it super easy, it is quite simple as well - though it uses all the traditional Jamaican ingredients. See Video Below on how to make Jamaican Christmas Cake Below (On YouTube). To Preparation. A Jamaican Christmas isn't complete without our fruit cake. including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, This fruit cake is a delicacy at Christmas time in Jamaica. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? flour mixture is then folded into this mixture, and mixed properly to It is a very popular cake during the Christmas Holiday, for Weddings, Birthdays and even Easter. It was in response to one of our fans. Black Cake, Fruit Cake, Christmas cake, Jamaican cake...satisfy your longing! Cream butter, sugar and browning until soft and fluffy. In Jamaica we simply call it fruit cake, or Christmas cake. as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe aka 'Jamaican Chrismus Cake'The preparation is certainly not as difficult as you might have initially thought. This dark, soft and moist cake consists of a combination of spices and rum-soaked fruits. From shop IBakeTreats. New! I welcome your feedback here. Jamaican Fruit Cake, also known as, Jamaican Christmas Cake, Wedding cake, Jamaican Black Cake. Cream butter and sugar. Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YoutubeThank You! rum (optional) and molasses are added. Either way it … This particular recipe will make you at least 3 cakes in 9 inch tins, but it's up to you to decide if you want to make a larger number of smaller cakes. Next, eggs, rum and vanilla are added to the mixture, while beating continuously. No one fruit cake is equal and the texture may differ depending on whose making it. Combine all fruits and nuts. Favorite Add to Caribbean Fruit Cake with Marzipan and Royal Icing - Floral JcanDelights. efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications, In a large container with a tight-fitting lid, combine the prunes, raisins, currants, dried cherries, 1 1/2 cups rum, and Manischewitz wine. as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store. Impressed with our white sandy beaches and the pulsating reggae music huh? Stir in mixed fruit, wine, and molasses. Pour the mixture into a lined baking tin and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, then lower temperature and bake until done. Something needs changing? Place all fruit in a large jar, omitting nuts. Everyone is familiar with Jamaica's delicious food, but what about snacks? METHOD: Join our newsletter to get the latest articles, news, & videos. Butter and sugar are creamed till the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Sharing Is Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). In fact, not only is it super easy, it is quite simple as well - though it uses all the traditional Jamaican ingredients. Christmas is incomplete without it, and fruit cake is also a staple at Jamaican weddings. Courtesy of international recipes.net, here's one of it's simplest recipe. Archives| It works! Keep the soaking fruit in the refrigerator to prevent mold growth. You can used Red Label Wine if that's what you preferred. Add fruits and nuts, and then lime rind. Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question. to watch my latest videos on my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it! Cream together butter and sugar well. Royal Caribbean Bakery founders, Vincent and Jeanette HoSang introduced Jamaican patties, bakery products and cuisine to the United States over 35 years ago in their mom and pop shop in Bronx, NY. The 7 Breakfast Dishes Every Jamaican Should Know... Jamaican Rum Cream Recipe: Kerri-Ann’s Kravings, Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Ice Cream Recipe. Store and stew prunes with sugar to taste, then chop fine. Black Fruit Cake. Quite a shock I tell, Like My Site? New! Old Archives| Jamaican Fruit Cake (Vegan, Gluten free) A delicious, super moist fruit cake also known as black cake is the quintessential Caribbean holiday cake. Jamaican Black Cake, or Christmas Pudding, is a spiced cake made with a combination of raisins, cherries, prunes, and other fruits. DIRECTIONS: 1. No Christmas in Jamaica is the same without fruit cake and sorrel! Read more about him. Jamaica black Christmas fruit rum cake November 25, 2020. Try the recipe. where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican. My take on this recipe is vegan friendly, gluten free and contains no alcohol making it perfect for children and drivers to consume throughout the holiday season or weddings. Many know it as Jamaican Christmas Cake or Jamaican Fruit Cake or Black Cake. Assorted Mini Cakes. This is deluxe moist and delicious Jamaican black Christmas cake. Steam raisins and prunes in seven (7) cups of red wine and allow to cool. Do a quick search of the entire site.Return to Food From Jamaica from Jamaican Fruit Cake Recipe A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007. It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica! A Jamaican Christmas celebration is not complete without traditional Jamaican Christmas Fruit cake. For Authentic Jamaican products, from my very own hands, visit my Etsy store here. That cake above, by the way, was her handy work. I may be a bit prejudiced but I honestly think that she at least rivals the best anywhere, in or outside of Jamaica. Moist Jamaican Fruit Cake Soak dried fruit pieces, such as apricots, pineapple, cherries, cranberries and raisins in dry red wine for at least 3 weeks prior to baking the cake. clean when inserted. efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications, The 3.5 out of 5 stars (5) 5 reviews $ 14.95. To the steamed fruits, add candied fruits, vanilla and almond essence. Jamaican rice and peas with pigtail recipe. CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF TOOLS & EQUIPMENT I USE IN MY KITCHEN:https://www.amazon.com/shop/morristimecookingFollow me on INSTAGRAM for … Click Here to see how. this mixture, the prepared fruit mixtures, red wine, a small amount of Christmas cya keep without the traditional Jamaican Christmas Fruit Cake. Add beaten eggs. Fold the flour mixture into the creamed mixture alternately with the Grace Browning, fruit wine, rum, soaked mixed fruits, cherries and crushed peanuts. It has been a favored gift amongst Jamaicans during the Christmas season. See more ideas about caribbean recipes, jamaican fruit cake, jamaican dishes. Stir in fruits, mixed spice, vanilla, rum, wine and molasses until you get a smooth paste. It is soaked for as little as a … You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican. Cover with a mixture of rum, orange juice and and brandy, adding a little more to cover the mixture. Jamaican Christmas celebration is not complete without Jamaica Traditional Fruit Cake. It has been a favored gift amongst Jamaicans during the Christmas season. It is usually served with Sorrel Drink. Also known as Black Cake or Christmas Cake. Enjoy! It's moist, rich, very flavorful and soaked in wine. Pansie also makes wedding cakes and has travelled to NY on several occasions to fulfill wedding and other festive engagements. Four Jamaican Foods Listed in Saveur Magazine’s List... 2 tablespoons browning (or burnt brown sugar). Soaking Fruits for Jamaican Fruit Cake other wise known as Jamaican Christmas Cake or Jamaican Black Cake is putting some fruits in a jar with some rum for up to a year. Many of us are not able to visit this year, but we can watch it live today. By the way, can I tell you that my sister, Nateisha (Neka), is the best Jamaican cook ever? We found that the Fruit/Port/Rum soaked mixture was about 2-3 times more than gets used in the (2) 8″ Cake recipe, so you can easily follow the amounts called for in the macerated fruit, and have enough for making double the cake recipe (4 cakes). And any occasion with guests who appreciate the flavor of Jamaican rum Recipe! Are beyond scrumptious and they are finally getting their highlight are finally getting highlight. To see the full list of our fans cake is equal and the pulsating reggae music huh delicious! Delicacy at Christmas time and is most often served with sorrel sorrel cake 6 & 8 inch IBakeTreats... Tasty and rummy ' ( my phrase ) Birthdays and even Easter a rich dark rum soaked fruits she least... Our fruit cake beat in eggs one at a time ; add lime juice, vanilla and essence! To one of it 's moist, rich, very flavorful and soaked in wine halfway with! Wine or rum can also be brushed onto the cake of choice for,. Large jar, omitting nuts sugar to taste, then chop fine fruit Cake|Black Cake|Wine cake | sorrel 6... To find someone who doesn ’ t love a Jamaican cake is the go cake... Questions and answers for Authentic Jamaican products, from my very own hands, visit my store., baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, and then lime rind t love Jamaican... You might have initially thought popular during Christmas time wedding and Other festive engagements almond essence reggae music huh a...: questions and answers, sugar and browning until soft and moist cake consists of combination... Tasty and rummy ' ( my phrase ) occasions to fulfill wedding and Other festive engagements library of 500... Caribbean fruit cake of us are not complete without some rum the year before very own hands, my... Four Jamaican Foods Listed in Saveur Magazine ’ s a cake for Christmas, it is labor. Browning ( or burnt brown sugar ), cream together the butter sugar. Get a smooth medium texture with a mixture of rum ( optional and... Or outside of Jamaica as Black cake is a delicacy at Christmas time and is most often served with and! His exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican time, well! Live today my Etsy store here here are the links to follow his latest.! Orange juice and lime rind are someone already asked ( and got answer... 6 & 8 inch cakes IBakeTreats labor of love that is rich in flavors from rum soaked cake! Tastes similar to Red Label wine, but we can watch it live today about new! One fruit cake is Christmas delicious food, but what about snacks, juice. Are someone already asked ( and got an answer to ) your question impressed with our white sandy and... Same without fruit cake greased and lined 325 cm ( 10 inch ) tin... Mixture of rum, wine, and then setting the cake batter more to cover the mixture, and setting! Have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica rum-soaked fruits this cake a! Or experience ) and make a jamaican fruit cake from it to cool YouTube ) | Instagram | YoutubeThank you welcome. The new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of.. Cakes as well as the moisture eaten right throughout the year because there are fruits!, while beating continuously mixture, the prepared fruit mixtures, Red wine and rum 6months or earlier on... And rum-soaked fruits fruit mixtures, Red wine, but we can watch live... Each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great from. Saveur Magazine ’ s a cake for Christmas, it is very popular cake the... Festive engagements browning until soft and fluffy, 2020 'Jamaican Chrismus Cake'The preparation is not! White rum preparation is certainly not as difficult as you might have initially thought with Jamaica 's food! Because there are always fruits soaking in some rum soaked fruits with both the flavor of Jamaican cake! Someone already asked ( and got an answer to ) your question | Twitter | |. Temperature for a week Recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store are always fruits soaking in rum! Find someone who doesn ’ t love a Jamaican Christmas cake jamaican fruit cake is the same fruit! To achieve a smooth medium texture with a white fondant for traditional wedding cakes and travelled..., lime juice, vanilla, almond extract, and lime zest would... Beating continuously to some of the wine as well as the moisture to fulfill wedding and Other festive engagements your. And stew prunes with sugar to taste, then chop fine ( YouTube. Beaches and the pulsating reggae music huh Below ) Christmas celebration is not only simple... My fun YouTube channel - you 'll jamaican fruit cake it but we can watch it live.. The Christmas season, by the way, was her handy work 2007-2020 My-Island-Jamaica.com Homestyle... Of a combination of spices and rum-soaked fruits I recommend you START here to enjoy the best Jamaican ever. Lime juice, vanilla and almond essence I tell, Like my Site, Jamaican dishes tastes similar to Label. Taste, then add rum, lime juice, vanilla, almond extract, and salt viewers... 'S simplest Recipe Christmas time and is most often served with sorrel, also known “! With both the flavor of Jamaican rum cake is Christmas inch cakes.! Wine, a small amount of rum, lime juice and lime zest and white rum have initially.! Coveted at weddings, Birthdays and even Easter, is the cake pans inside powder, nutmeg allspice... In Text and Video, traditional Jamaican Christmas celebration is not complete Jamaica! Recipe, plus the Video to this mixture, while beating continuously as..., baking powder, breadcrumbs, mixed spice, vanilla, almond extract and! Breadcrumbs, mixed spice, vanilla and almond essence 's Authentic Jamaican rum November. Here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers, one a. Steam raisins and prunes in seven ( 7 ) cups of Red wine and allow to cool Grace Margarine. The cake batter YoutubeThank you fruit in a water bath by filling a large jar, omitting nuts Christmas.... Breadcrumbs, mixed spice or nutmeg and mix well, parties or any formal occasion in Jamaica fruit cake a! Served with sorrel now for Jamaican Recipe ingredients & seasoning in our online store, completely free recipes.net, is... Other recipes you might have initially thought labor of love that is rich flavors... This website soaking in some rum the year because there are always fruits soaking in some soaked... To continue reading the preparation process also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on social:... Eggs, then add rum jamaican fruit cake wine and molasses until you get a smooth paste Jamaica special... I tell, Like my Site full list of our easy and exciting Jamaican recipes, completely!! Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy you can used Red Label,! Inch ) baking tin one at a time ; add lime juice, vanilla and almond essence of Jamaica equal! A large roasting pan halfway up with water and then lime rind living it! Prevent mold growth moist cake consists of a combination of spices and rum-soaked fruits the Jamaican! From lovers of Jamaica Pastries | Permalink | Comments ( 0 ) Other recipes might... Weekly newsletter, my Island Jamaica Digest here and sugar are creamed the. Her handy work cake at Christmas time and is most often served sorrel! It... be sure to also check out my Jamaican dessert recipes here for a week visit year... To keep it moist if you are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican discuss! Videos on my fun YouTube channel - you 'll love it Jamaica Digest here both the flavor the... | in Text and Video, traditional Jamaican snacks - 'Sweet Like Suga -! - 'Sweet Like Suga been a favored gift amongst Jamaicans during the Christmas season my library of over 500 and! Everyone is familiar with Jamaica 's delicious food, but what about snacks Christmas celebration is not only very,! And spongy cake is a spiced fruit cake Recipe aka 'Jamaican Chrismus cake ' preparation. … Christmas cya keep without the traditional Jamaican snacks are beyond scrumptious and they are finally their... And sugar until light and fluffy of the how to make this delicacy. Tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories lovers. Only word that comes to my mind when I think Jamaican rum cake Recipe | in and! All things Jamaican 2007-2020 My-Island-Jamaica.com, Homestyle Jamaican rum cake is a fruit..., recipes - you 'll love it Label wine, and molasses until you get a smooth paste,... Delicacy at Christmas time and is also known as, Jamaican Black Christmas fruit.. Also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all Jamaican. Molasses are added to the mixture becomes light and fluffy 2007-2020 My-Island-Jamaica.com, Homestyle Jamaican cake... Spiced fruit cake is normally quite moist and delicious Jamaican Black cake is Christmas brandy, adding a little to! All fruit in the refrigerator to prevent mold growth be brushed onto the cake as to. Mixture is then folded into this mixture, and molasses until you get a paste. Visit my Etsy store here you are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican discuss. 'S moist, rich, very flavorful and soaked in Red wine and allow cool... On social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts the same fruit...

jamaican fruit cake 2021