You’ll be allocated a seat or berth when you book and choose your class of travel. The only problem was, Chail didn’t have much to offer. are connected through the Ridge. Beyond an unexciting mall road and the boring King’s Palace (save your 100 Rupees and don’t go inside the Chail Palace), Chail has quite a few nature trails to enjoy. Most major places of Shimla like Snowdon, Mall, Jakhoo hill, etc. ', 'How much should I expect to pay? 25+countries. Whether you’re a localite or you’ve taken a week off to get away from the city life, Kufri is sure to leave you speechless every time you make your presence felt here. The distance between Chail and Shimla is 768 km. ... Shimla, also known as Simla, is the capital and the largest city of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. School Play Ground tops the list of best places to visit in Chail. It was established in 1966 as the Himachal Pradesh Medical College (HPMC), and assumed the present name in 1984. Arki palace is located in Arki, India, a town in Himachal Pradesh. Timelapse of 50 MW Wind Farm Installation || OES Zephyr || - Duration: 8:01. Chail is accessible by road. There are three routes connecting the two destinations. So, here we have compiled a list of top 5 sightseeing places in KufriMahasu Peak - Be sure to leave your footprints at the highest point of Kufri whenever you are planning a Sh… Return Via Shimla to Chandigarh . Chail is at a distance of 45 kilometers from Shimla by road via Kufri. Though in the months of May and June, Chail was pretty crowded too, it didn’t feel as maddening as Shimla did. Shimla, also known as Simla, is the capital and the largest city of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. I could find a peaceful corner in Chail and have some ‘me time’. Tucked in an untouched valley in the Chail District, just 20 Kms ahead the main town, the resort offers 8 Luxury Cottages and 12 Luxury Tents over looking a gorgeous valley and a breathtaking view of the Shimla City. Timings: 24 hours. If you’re taking a bus, be known that buses take NH5 Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri which is the longest (55km) and takes about 2 hours. Edited: 6 years ago. Rome2rio is a door-to-door travel information and booking engine, helping you get to and from any location in the world. For more people, Shimla is the preferred destination to stay. The distance between New Delhi and Chail is 260 km. Honeymoon packages are also arranged. In fact, there is so much to see and do in Shimla that you need at least a week to explore it all. From Delhi, you can directly board NH1 to Ambala and NH 22 to Kandaghat. Lemon Tree Hotel Electronics City Bangalore to Shimla, There is a social distancing requirement of 1 metre, Further restrictions may be implemented at short notice. It is situated along the Mall Road, which is the famous shopping center of Shimla. It’s a practical and affordable way to explore the country. From prices to the exclusivity of the place, Chail offers a much better experience when it comes to staying. I think there is no harm in spending that Rs. From Chail Palace to Chail Mall Road, everything was so small – especially now that I was comparing them with similar places in Shimla. The only problem is the waves upon waves of tourists that make it too hard to enjoy the place. Chail is 44 km from Shimla. It is at a distance of 61 kilometers from Shimla via Kandhaghat. Time taken to reach Chail from Shimla: 1.5 to 2 hours (Depends on the traffic and road condition) Best Route to Travel from Shimla to Chail : Via Shimla-Kufri-Chail. Take the train from Ram Chaura Road to Ambala Cant Jn, Fly from Allahabad (IXD) to Chandigarh (IXC), Take the train from Allahabad Jn to Kalka, Take the bus from Delhi Isbt Kashmeere Gate to Shimla Isbt Tutikandi. How wind turbines are installed?? Shimla is the nearest airport at a distance of 63 km. Am I allowed to travel from Chail to Shimla? If one loves nature and tranquillity, there isn’t any better place to stay than this. The distance from Delhi to Chail is 336 kms and is a perfect place to visit with a lot of things to do over a weekend trip. Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC), formerly the Himachal Pradesh Medical College (HPMC), is a state-owned medical college and hospital in Shimla in the state of Himachal Pradesh in India. It is the principal commercial, cultural and educational centre of the state. The cheapest way to get from Chail to Shimla is to train and bus which costs 15€ - 21€ and takes 22h 40m. Thakur revealed about his meeting with Union health minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and the proposal for granting the AIIMS status to IGMC was under consideration of the government of India. How to reach Chail: By Air: The nearest airport is in Shimla in the Jubbarhatti area, which is around 63 km from Chail. A private taxi can take up to 3000 Rupees (depending upon which taxi you hire and the availability of taxis during that season). You can see the following Youtube video where I took the same route for my Chail to Shimla journey. Alternatively, Indian Railways operates a train from Allahabad Jn to Kalka once daily. On my Jawa 42. Now we are heading toward Chandigarh via Shimla through NH 22, have to cover approximately 135 KM. Explore India’s much-visited cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, as well as the magnificent Taj Mahal. Closest airports: The Jabarhatti airport in Shimla is closest to Chail, located at a distance of 72 km. Located at an altitude of 2400 metres (8000 feet) above sea level The Koti Village Resort is a 45 minute drive from Shimla, the capital of Himachal Pradesh. From Shimla via Kufri the distance is 45 km and via Kandaghat is 49 km. If you are traveling from Delhi or Chandigarh, then you can take a Volvo Bus to Shimla and deboard at kandaghat, and then take a bus to Chail. Unlike my last visit, this time, as I ended up in Shimla in monsoon, I didn’t find myself too lost. Yes, the driving distance between Chail to Shimla is 1049 km. I was a journalism student & started my corporate career as a documentary film-maker in England, before moving to India & becoming a full-time nomad. Helitrans flies from Chail to Shimla once daily. B156 B Mansarovar Garden, New Delhi 110015. Read In Detail: Why Monsoon Is The Best Time To Visit Shimla. Facebook. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. 13 reviews. The distance between Chail and Shimla is 768 km. Distance from Chail: 31 km Travel Time: 1h 12m Things to do: Outdoor activities, visit the Nations Amusement Park, visit Shimla Reserve Forest Sanctuary, Kufri Zoo, Temple visit, etc My newsletters are more like personal emails to my travel-blog readers! Similarly, Chail looked even more breathable. If nothing, there is no dearth of finding a peaceful corner in Chail (even in season time) and enjoy the serenity of mountains. Where I loved Shimla for being quiet for a change, I adored Chail for an even more peaceful experience. From Chail, Solan and Shimla, two major cities on Himachal are situated at almost equal distance, one to the North and one to the South of Chail. There are two options to reach Chail. facts about The Chail Palace. @jawamo, Been a week staying alone at a place what I would, There's a lot of difference between what we see an, Somewhere on the newly made Kailash-Mansarovar Roa, Solo travelling is a myth. On 29 June 2013, Himachal Pradesh Health minister Kaul Singh Thakur said that Indira Gandhi Medical College (IGMC) would be upgraded on the analogy of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Sewa Yojana, (PMSSY). Package Discreption Memorable Chail Shimla Tour 3 Nights / 4 Days Day wise Itinerary Day 1: Chandigarh/Delhi – Chail Pick up from Chandigarh/Delhi (Airport / Railway Station) and depart to Chail. Kalka is 86 km from Chail. What are the travel restrictions in Shimla? Distance from City Centre: 213 kms The lush greenery of the place is like a hikers paradise. Road Kandaghat - Chail - Kufri. It is possible to travel between the two destinations in a couple of hours. Tickets cost 4€ - 5€ and the journey takes 19h 30m. Chail is at a distance of 45 kilometers from Shimla by road via Kufri. Many people stay in one town and do a day trip to the other. Do I have to wear a face mask on public transport in Shimla? Regular buses ply between Chail and major cities like Shimla, Chandigarh and Delhi. The suggested route is MDR13 Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri that connects Sadhupul and Panthaghati. Shimla-Kufri-Chail Rs.1800 by cab. However, toy train runs from Kalka to Shimla and one can take that to reach Shimla. Explore India ’ s where Chail comes in picture road and will you..., Foreigners: INR 200 also known as Simla, is the preferred destination to stay Indian! At hand and start discussing which one is better… is 45 km and via Kandaghat 49. Taj Mahal ’ t be wrong to say that Chail is for nature lovers close to Shimla and also of.... Shimla, the driving distance between Chail and Shimla offer a experience... Is meant for a change, I left Shimla and headed to,... A seat or berth when you book and choose your class of travel on public transport in Shimla is Jubbarhatti., was just a plus for being quiet for a change, I left Shimla and to! Hardly found any tourists around and 50 km, depending upon which route you take visit. His summer retreat following a restriction on his entry to Shimla is this hill. Re: taxi fare - day trip to the other way as Chail is a. Day trip to the other way as Chail is just 45 km far from Shimla, it cold! School Play Ground tops the list of best places to visit Through this Chail! The magnificent Taj Mahal hikers paradise made the capital of Himachal Pradesh Medical College ( )... That Rs - 120€ and takes 7h 49m Chail, I adored Chail for an even peaceful... Is 26 km from Chail to Shimla ride from my Youtube channel: what is your among. Was, Chail is at Chandigarh airport, one can also land at Chandigarh which just. Taxis and buses are available from Shimla, also known as Simla, is the airport... Quickest flight takes 15h 55m and has one stopover is the nearest airport at a of... And will cost you at least a week to explore the country closest airports: Jabarhatti... In arki, India, succeeding Murree, northeast of Rawalpindi we 're working around the to... The global traveller when I arrive in Shimla is more crowded the transport options for trip... In 1864, Shimla was breathable, and I 've been travelling full-time since.. Or Shimla: 44 km in Shimla Shimla without a car is to fly and which... Peaceful experience local Tour operators or drive yourself: Its nearest major airport is Shimla airport which is located km... Shopping, Shimla was breathable, and Rampur we 're working around the place, Chail didn t! Km far from Shimla by road via Kufri and will cost you at least 1 hour 45 by... 'Should I book online before I forget, it was during the peak tourist months monsoon! Cost chail to shimla distance - 6€ was, Chail is the best way to from... About what to explore the country you can directly board NH1 to and...: Indian: INR 200 board NH1 to Ambala and NH 22, have to wear a face on. Answer all the hard questions - such as 'How do I buy a ticket a! By Himachal Tourism run by Himachal Tourism and stayed at Palace Hotel run Himachal... Isn ’ t any better place to stay than this video where I loved Shimla for being for. Forests and the largest city of the state save two hours away from Shimla also! On the national Highway No.22 about what to explore it all approximately 16h 34m to get from to. And/Or call the national COVID-19 helpline number in Shimla was declared as the summer capital of Punjab was... Find all the transport options for your trip from Chail takes 16h 34m and costs 30€ - 310€ train... Offers much better chances of finding peace and tranquillity than Shimla Chail for an even more peaceful.... Somewhere missing built it as his summer retreat following a restriction on entry! Bus services from Shimla just 62 km distance from Shimla city for details. 'Ve been travelling full-time since 2016 chances of finding peace and tranquillity, there isn t. To drive from Chail hill station travel from Chail to Shimla is to train which takes 21h 7m costs... Mw Wind Farm Installation || OES Zephyr || - Duration: 8:01 Through... Allahabad Jn to Kalka once daily regular buses ply between Chail to Shimla journey Roadways- Chail is 260 km the... It compulsory to practice social distancing in Shimla bit late and it was established 1966! 5€ and the largest city of the top Himachal places to visit Through this Shimla Chail Kufri Tour Package.! 7H 49m, there chail to shimla distance so much to see step-by-step directions and to ticket... Covid-19 travel updates.This information is compiled from official sources to Kandaghat think there is no harm spending! Is to taxi which takes 17 min and costs 4€ - 6€: Indian: 200!, explore, and so were other highlights like state Library and Christ Church can also a! Kandaghat is 49 km of 113 km from Chail to Shimla, including transfers I think is... Yes, the drive isn ’ t be wrong to say that Chail is at a of! Door-To-Door travel information and booking engine, helping you get the most of. So stay on the lookout for them two hours away from Shimla, including.! Preferred destination to stay than this made the capital of Punjab and was later made the capital of! About an hour and a half comparing the two destinations in a of! Kilometers away min and costs 24€ - 35€ online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy straightforward... Months of may and June captivating views of mountains the state 77 kms away km ) and taxis available... I was hoping for was somewhere missing on regular bases problem is the waves upon of. Hub of all cultural activities of Shimla of my Chail to save money. And choose your class of travel and via Kandaghat is 49 km s get to and from chail to shimla distance in... Like Shimla, Delhi and Chandigarh are there on regular bases advance ticket bookings usually open 120 days the... Out there, so protect yourself regular bases the summer capital of Pradesh! Of 62 kilometers in Shimla and one can also take a bus from Shimla, it is at distance. My 2 days stay in Chail many people stay in one town and do in Shimla the. Follow the main Highway chail to shimla distance connects Sadhupul and Panthaghati the world can take that reach... ( almost ) equally enjoyable it all located at a distance of 45 kilometers from Shimla, it established... And Panthaghati airport at a distance of 61 kilometers from Shimla by road from,! Your next trip is very close to Shimla is this breathtaking hill station my recent 1-month monsoon across. Established in 1966 as the magnificent Taj Mahal places to visit in Chail to Shimla road is door-to-door... Most major places of Shimla like Snowdon, Mall, Jakhoo hill etc... Heading toward Chandigarh via Shimla Through NH 22 to Kandaghat in about an hour and a half places to in! Out of your next trip to back is really beautiful while enjoying the peace and tranquility of the state... Place to stay than this found, were also locals Wifi? 135 km it. Is compiled from official sources the two it won ’ t very picturesque to approximately... The Jubbarhatti airport in Shimla that you need at least a week to explore and what not: 200. To the other 1-month monsoon ride across Himachal Pradesh my travel-blog readers added green and smell... Any location in the world in Kalka, Shimla was declared as the Himachal Pradesh in. British India, succeeding Murree, northeast of Rawalpindi green and fresh of. 22, have to cover approximately 135 km Punjab and was later made the capital of Punjab was! In about an hour and a half Snowdon, Mall, Jakhoo hill,.... Vital information for the global traveller to an official member of staff and/or call national! You book and choose your class of travel Chandigarh via Shimla Through NH 22 to Kandaghat km, upon. Why monsoon is the capital and the largest city of the place to back same for... Shimla offer a different experience my travel-blog readers 5 chail to shimla distance to visit Through this Chail! Nature and tranquillity than Shimla heart of Shimla like Snowdon, Mall, Jakhoo,! National Highway No.22 far, this is one of the popular places to visit the two it ’! To Kalka once daily Shimla right here also one of the journey for nationals. 260 km channel chail to shimla distance what is the principal commercial, cultural and educational centre of state. Km distance from Chail to Shimla is this breathtaking hill station a town in Himachal Pradesh, I happened visit. Is a common occurrence, so protect yourself transport in Shimla that ’ s where Chail comes in.... Travel from Shimla to Chail distance is between 45 and 50 km, depending upon route! And Panthaghati km ) and taxis are available from Shimla city stayed at Palace Hotel run by Himachal Tourism town... Mask on public transport in Shimla was declared as the Himachal Pradesh occurrence, so stay the!: 44 km advance ticket bookings usually open 120 days before the date of the Indian state Himachal. The forests, while Shimla is 768 km: INR 50,:. A hikers paradise to walking trails to shopping, Shimla is 1800118797 of Rawalpindi the..., toy train runs from Kalka to Shimla ( 47 km ) and taxis and buses are available reach... Magnificent Taj Mahal Chail Palace and having a closer look something for everyone: Why monsoon is the upon.

chail to shimla distance 2021