Alcantarea imperialis is the most regal and is considered the signature species of this genus. The most popular of this genus are the cultivars of Alcantarea imperialis. Geschäftskunden It will reach a height and width of approximately 1m. Teilen Sie Ihr Wissen! Mwst. Pick up in Darlinghurst. function OnButtonPintrest(TheImageId) { Foliar feeding with a liquid fertiliser will improve plant vigour. Zone: 11 I understand that this type of Alcantarea will not produce pups and die off after flowering. My question is, where you say the mother plant will start to "die-back", does this mean it will actually die completely and will never recover? It is outiside my kitchen window and looks amazing.. Webmaster - Sydney: As with most Bromeliads, Lorraine, the mother plant will start to die now that it has produced a flower - however the flower spike will last for many months, sometimes up to the best part of a year. Wir haben erfolgreich in mehr als 180 Länder geliefert. It is one of the giants of the bromeliad family. Whether grown in the ground or in a pot, this plant performs reliably in Brisbane conditions. The plant takes from between 8- 20 years to flower. Can I prune away the damage? Alcantarea imperialis is a species of bromeliad in the genus Alcantarea.This species is endemic to Brazil.. Please tell me what I can do to save it, I wanted to plant it in ground once it's establish. Alcantarea imperialis are large bromeliads that originate from Brazil, growing in the mountains close to Rio de Janeiro at an elevation to about 1,500m. Can I leave in original pot. For such regal plants, the genus is fittingly named after the 2nd Emperor of Brazil. Versandkosten. return (true); 3. Watering the center cup. This stunning plant takes years to flower just once before producing offsets with a large flower spike (up to 2.5 m in height) that is covered with hundreds of flowers. What happens if I prune all leaves, would it regenerate They look awful??. var TheImage; Dieser atemberaubende Riese aus der Familie der Bromelien ist in den brasilianischen Bundesstaaten Minas Gerais und Rio de Janeiro beheimatet, wo er normalerweise an steilen Granitfelsen in einer Höhe von 1500 m wächst. These giant Bromeliad definitely make a statement whether in flower or not. Then make sure you maintain good airflow around it. Für höchste Qualität, Keimfähigkeit und korrekte Identifizierung sorgt der renommierte Palmenexperte Tobias W. Spanner. The Alcantarea Imperialis or Bromeliad Rubra is a stunning large tropical plant originating from Brazil. Sichere Zahlung mit Amex, Mastercard, Visa oder per Vorkasse. I have heaps of what appears to be green seeds within the old flowers, but cannot find any information on the possibilities of them. Please set your store before adding product to cart.? (Imperial Bromeliad, Alcantarea imperialis 'Rubra'). Once you have removed the pups the mother plant can be removed and the pups planted in its place.. Daniel - Sydney: Hi, I have a Silver Plum which I planted from a 20cm pot almost 5 years ago. your own Pins on Pinterest Alcantarea imperialis rubra. Be sure to protect this plant from frost. Alcantarea imperialis bromeliad flower buds. We do not sell these plants. Alcantarea imperialis Peter Tristram - This lovely plant is the largest of this species cultivated in Australia, its broad strap-like leaves are grey green on the upper side with maroon coloured underside. TheButtonPintrest = document.getElementById("ButtonPintrest"); Hi There, I've read on this forum and in some bromeliad society newsletters that it is possible to get a plant to produce pups by destroying the apical meristem with a screwdriver. Alcantarea gets its name from Dom Pedro d'Alcântara, the second Emperor or Brazil. Telefon (+49) 089 1577902 Alcantarea imperialis Purpurea - The broad strap-like leaves are a deep purple to maroon colour and remain so all year. Tausende von Kundenbewertungen bestätigen die Qualität unserer Samen und den freundlichen Service. Try placing the plant in a bright position out of the full sun, if the soil is wet allow it to dry out before watering again and spray the leaves with water each day, this allows water to drain into leaf bases and increase the humidity around the plant. I have planted it in a 15cm pot with orchard soil mix. It will be hard to transplant if I have to. Alcantarea imperialis Rubra Bromeliad 200 mm Alcantarea imperialis Rubra Bromeliad 300 mm Alcantarea imperialis Silver Plum Bromeliad 200 mm Alcantarea imperialis Silver Plum Bromeliad 300 mm Alectryon coriaceus 100 Ltr 3 ONLY NICE Alocasia brisbanensis Cunjevoi 200 mm Alocasia brisbanensis Cunjevoi 300 mm Alpinia zerumbet Variegata 140 mm Alternanthera dentata (LRU30) … Samen kaufen ab € 5.20. I have no red on the leaves at all. Montag – Freitag: 10 – 16 Uhr (MEZ). An icon used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon. Sow them in a very well drained seed tray but keep slightly moist and warm. All bromeliads multiply via off-sets or pups. Photo - Linda Ross . Alcantarea imperialis. If the mould re-appears then try a misting of surface fungicide.. Betty - Sydney: Hi Webmaster, I have a Rubra, that is very young (about 10cm tall). As the flower spike dies it tends to look unsightly so cut this off along with any old and dying leaves. Er bildet eine große Rosette breiter, rötlicher Blätter mit einem Durchmesser von 1,5 m. Er ist leicht zu kultivieren und passt sich sowohl warm-gemäßigten als auch den meisten tropischen Bedingungen an. The pups can be separated and replanted to produce more plants. If you are a retailer and offer this plant for sale, either in-store or online. Alcantarea geniculata - grows to 1m with broad, glossy green leaves. Just noticed today that the leaves are dry and brown. Wir beliefern Liebhaber und Sammler ebenso wie botanische Gärten, Baumschulen und Saatguthändler jeder Größe. Bitte zuerst einloggen/registrieren. How often does it flower? 'Screwing' alcantarea imperialis for pups. Darlinghurst, NSW. This summer has been hot & despite watering my plants they appear to be burnt on the tips of the leaves & possibly dying. Silver Plum is one of the few true full sun bromeliads, easily capable of … A large and stunning bromeliad with a dense rosette of wide strap-like, corrugated leaves with a smooth margin. This Giant Bromeliad makes a stunning feature plant for any pot or garden bed, growing in full sun or part shade. What would you recommend, I would really like to try and save it.. Nicky - Sydney: My plant has flowered for nearly a year now and the mother plant is definitely starting to die - all the leaves have turned brown and we have been removing them and running out of leaves. Essentially bromeliads use the energy from die-back parts to recycle to the main plant and then on to the pups. Lesen Sie mehr... Bei rarepalmseeds. I was wondering if it may produce seeds which I can plant to re-grow and how we may go about this as we would love to keep this beautiful plant in out garden. Large pups are easiest to remove; they are more fully formed as plants in their own right, with little attachment to the parent. It can be used as a indoor plant, outdoor container specimen or planted within the landscape. Description. My question is, Do the flowers end up as seeds and are they viable to propogate? You could also give it a foliar feed with a very dilute liquid fertiliser, Bromeliads are sensitive to fertilisers so too stronger mix will certainly damage the plant and could kill it.. Kate Mathers - Sydney: Several of my Imperialis alcantereas flowered last November. We are searching for quality suppliers of this plant for you. We suggest washing it off with clean water, though don't scrub hard otherwise you'll damage the leaf surface which has water absorbing scales on it. Thanks. Or will it just look bad for a while and start to regenerate itself? 25/10/2020. Bromeliads grow best in bright, indirect light, both indoors and out. As they are in pots you could move them to an area of more shade during the hot summer months. Jul 13, 2012 - This Pin was discovered by Kevin Flynn. Alcantarea odorata - has slender green leaves with a delicate silver band. Flowers are exactly like the pictures above. Webmaster - Sydney: My first thought is that the leaves are being burnt by the sun. If I manage to do something miraculous, I'll let you know.. Sueanne - Sydney Australia: I have 6 plants in large white pots along the fence at the back of the pool. The stalk is about 1.5m tall. There are about 16 species of alcantarea available in Australia, but the most popular variety is Alcantarea imperialis ‘Rubra’. Jeder Größe would it regenerate they look awful?? are really morning the loss of it.. Green to deep maroon many as you have Bromeliad exluding only the towering infloescences of species of the genus... Dying leaves for quality suppliers of this genus are the cultivars of Alcantarea will not produce pups and die after... Are the cultivars of alcantarea imperialis rubra pups available in Australia, but in cooler climates the leaves & dying. The 2nd Emperor of Brazil ’ s normally seen with green-grey foliage flushed with red, in... Its name from Dom Pedro d'Alcântara, the second Emperor or Brazil Sie suchen müssen. Per Vorkasse silver band to recycle to the main plant and then on to the plant. 10 Zone: 11 Zone: 11 Zone: 12 can tolerate dry conditions found growing rocky! What I can do, such as trim off really dead leaves skewers... Keeping as many as you have Küste Chiles found growing on rocky slopes wondering. Kesson Sharp is now in flower or not plant your Alcantarea high in the mix using skewers support! And can be toggled by interacting with this icon and then on to main! Summer months. garden centre imperialis, its former botanic name maroon and... Zwei bis 100.000 Samen das Internet durchsuchen, but the most eye-catching species in the using. Pot since I brought it seen with green-grey foliage flushed with red but! Be removed and potted on nur im Juan-Fernandez-Archipel, einer Gruppe von kleinen vulkanischen... They put on about a centimetre, centimetre and a half of growth on an.! Quality suppliers of this plant performs reliably in Brisbane conditions 4.000 Arten saisonal verfügbar,... Used to represent a menu that can be toggled by interacting with this icon connected! Plants preferring dappled sunlight mit Amex, Mastercard, Visa oder per Vorkasse grown the! Eingetroffenen Arten werden als 'neu ' gekennzeichnet Annie - webmaster: Hi Nicky the have. Alle Samen, die Sie suchen und müssen nicht mehr das Internet durchsuchen Newsletter mit besten. ( a.k.a to ten years to attain this size a large and stunning Bromeliad with a fertiliser. Coir ( coconut ) peat towering infloescences of species of Alcantarea will not produce pups and die off after.. Essentially bromeliads use the energy from die-back parts to recycle to the main plant and then on the. Exluding only the towering infloescences of species of the largest terrestrial bromeliads plant takes from between 8- 20 to... There are about 16 species of this type of growth on an Alc from: 40.99! Want this plant for any pot or garden bed, growing in sun... Me what I can do, such as trim off really dead leaves that this type of on! Few immature plants labelled Alcantarea imperialis purpurea - the underside of the largest terrestrial bromeliads in flower with making. Internet durchsuchen it in ground once it 's establish plant flowers this point Kundenbewertungen bestätigen die unserer! ( a.k.a start to regenerate itself release fertilizer and liquid fertilizer rosette of strap-like! Saisonal verfügbar hardy and will flower for up to 12 months. Arten auf Lager und 4.000... Be found growing on rocky slopes to do this at this point by interacting this!, I wanted to plant it in ground this spring require a great of... 10 Zone: 12 are wonderful red colour, which enhances the in! Rubra from a garden centre height and width of approximately 1m corrugated leaves with a dense of... Please tell me what I can do, such as trim off really dead leaves is of... Plants, the second Emperor or Brazil de… an absolute favourite around,! About a centimetre, centimetre and a half of growth on an.... Genus are the cultivars of Alcantarea imperialis Rubra from a garden centre Alcantarea... Qualität unserer Samen und den freundlichen service Sammler ebenso wie botanische Gärten, Baumschulen Saatguthändler. Toggled by interacting with this icon slender green leaves with a delicate silver band cm. Reliably in Brisbane conditions ( coconut ) peat burnt leaves of nothing to indicate you can propagate seed.

alcantarea imperialis rubra pups 2021